UKBouldering.com

Chipping at Froggatt (Read 12149 times)

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#25 Re: Chipping at Froggatt
November 12, 2012, 04:12:15 pm
Went to have a look on Sunday and it makes the problem slightly harder for me as I tip-toed left along those chipped holds then stretched to the good crimps in the 'smile'. It's as easy for me to do it 'properly' again now with a smear and pull off smaller crimps. Don't some shorter climbers start on those edges (I'm not affected as I palm off from my left)?

The almost as depressing thing was the usual in-situ top-ropers skidding around and polishing Downhill Racer.

On the plus side a local called Paul showed me a lovely sustained traverse on the northern Pinnacle Boulder west face. Slap R to L along the main break avoiding any pockets above and below to finish in the recess. A tasty V2/5b/F6a with possibilities to extend to the NE arete that are too hard for me.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#26 Re: Chipping at Froggatt
November 12, 2012, 05:42:12 pm
The almost as depressing thing was the usual in-situ top-ropers skidding around and polishing Downhill Racer.

Seriously?? In 2012??

Makes me feel a bit  :sick: :sick: :sick: , perhaps I don't miss the peaks as much as I thought.

fried

• forum hero
#27 Re: Chipping at Froggatt
November 12, 2012, 06:15:34 pm
At this rate all those chips will be polished out of it soon.

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#28 Re: Chipping at Froggatt
November 14, 2012, 07:34:21 am
"I used that polished foothold" was one of the pieces of advice given without a trace of irony (having slipped off it several times and not even coming close to making the move).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal