UKBouldering.com

Parking at the Tor (Read 11921 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
#25 Re: Parking at the Tor
October 09, 2012, 10:18:05 am

No, it's not metalled. Does this still count as the road in that case?

Paul B

• forum hero
#26 Re: Parking at the Tor
October 09, 2012, 10:18:55 am
There's clearly a significant grey area here isn't there?

yes.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#27 Re: Parking at the Tor
October 10, 2012, 08:54:59 am
I was there that day, and can corroborate Mr Sharpholds version of events. After the lady steamed off, I had a look at the positions of the parked cars and struggled to understand what any possible cause for complaint might be. The thing that stood out was that the bus could easily pass without slowing down (and it did do on the way in), hence the grievance seemed to be that she'd had to reverse up the road rather than tucking into the parking bay. This particular complainant did seem far beyond reason and whilst I didnt hear the Sharpholds attempt at mediation, i suspect even Kofi Annan would have struggled here.

Anyway, I also concur that parking has been pretty desperate this year, so please be considerate. Remember, the option to be inconsiderate isnt really an option, so if you cant park off the road, dont park there. If everything viable is full then go somewhere else.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#28 Re: Parking at the Tor
October 10, 2012, 08:22:22 pm
Lets just downgrade all the bouldering by one full grade.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#29 Re: Parking at the Tor
October 10, 2012, 08:35:44 pm
But seriously folks...

I asked a friend who lives in the cottages above Litton Mill past culloden about the parking a week ago. There is a local email sent around where people often complain about or mention local problems. He says to his recollection the tor parking has never been raised. My guess is that this will be an isolated problem for a few weeks, like the cornice parking was during the dry summer. I would suggest parking only in the bays and moving on if they are full. It's clear when people start pushing their luck tucking cars in at the end of the full bay.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:49:23 pm by Ru »

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#30 Re: Parking at the Tor
October 11, 2012, 11:19:30 am
Having opted to skip it this year I hadn't realised/ had forgotten the Tor was so popular.

Must that Ben Moon and his entourage.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal