UKBouldering.com

Llandudno to Cambridge - spots in between (Read 1748 times)

ducko

• junky
Llandudno to Cambridge - spots in between
July 23, 2012, 06:43:23 pm
Evening folks,

I'm supposed to be heading to Cambridge this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows of any decent bouldering venue that are on the way and not too far of course as I'm thinking of going early and having a inn on the way,
Suggestions please!

Thanks!

Andrew B

• regular
Looking at the route suggested by Google maps the closest you would get could be Frodsham, some decent bouldering here, if slightly limited in volume and could still be damp from recent rain.

If you were to detour via the A50 you would be very close to Churnet, and it only adds about 20 mins to your journey (according to Google), not including the time taken to get from the A50 to Churnet and back. Good sandstone bouldering here, worth the visit.

tomtom

• forum hero
If you want top at some cheshire sandstone - I'd stop at Harmers Wood... 10 min off the M56 - turn off at the Cheshire Services turning.. Was OK this afteroon (a bit damp in places) but a nice cool spot to stop at for a hour or two. Take your insect repellant though.. was a bit midgy.

Otherwise, you can choose to go around the south loop of the Manc Ring road (M60) and head into the peak via M67 and Snake Pass etc.. or turn off at Stockport and head up the A6 and go to any of your choice peak bouldering spots: and then head onwards to Cambridge via Chesterfield to the M1/A1 and onwards etc..

ducko

• junky
Thanks for the suggestions guys

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
You should get a guide book that covers the whole country, I think there might have been one published recently.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal