UKBouldering.com

Stanage North, Long Wall Area (dangerously loose block) (Read 2543 times)

Gritter

• menacing presence
Today I discovered that the large block in the main break just left of flat groove is dangerously loose and to be honest didn't really know what the appropriate thing to do was. It was far too large for me to even consider removing it so I'm hoping somebody can inform the relevant people that its there. It moved considerably but I obviously didn't want to make the problem worse so I apologise in advance if it's not as dangerous as it seems but I thought it better to be safe.
thanks.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Do you mean Apparent North end (Stanage North being the opposite end of the crag confusingly)?

SamT

• forum hero

I'm confused - if its far too large for you to remove (trundle I guess) is it therefore not dangerous  :shrug:

I know of a few huge blocks on stanage that 'rock' but are simply nowhere near dangerous.   

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a

Gritter

• menacing presence
My apologies I do in fact mean stanage far right (apparent north). The said block is in between problems 75 and 76 in that section of the bouldering guide. The block did not move up and down it moved in a left to right fashion with minimal force applied by a leg therefor eventually easing itself into a possibly unsafe position and in future will become unstable when force is applied from below. Which an inexperienced climber would undoubtedly do on the problem even though it is completely unnecessary to do so. At the end of the day all I know is it looked dodgy so I thought I'd share.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal