UKBouldering.com

outdoor boulder fun in london (Read 3114 times)

Zendeejay

outdoor boulder fun in london
August 28, 2012, 07:21:44 am
Good morning guys and girls I have just woken up in London this morning, don't worry this ain't no strange prank or an effect of alcamafrol, but a life decision to study down here. What I was wondering wasas this is a nice day is there anywhere I can boulder outdoor.  I'm fairly new to bouldering and have been cutting my teeth in Newcastle at a lovely boulder in whickham thorns. So what I'm really looking for is something similar. All suggestions welcome, and by the way I'm in islington atm.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: outdoor boulder fun in london
August 28, 2012, 12:15:19 pm
There is a granite boulder that had Ben put in some park somewhere, and if I recall the southern sandstone hide I have mentions some brick walls for traversing, but no idea if they still exist or where they are (guide book not to hand at present).

Search the forum/net for details of the granite boulder.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: outdoor boulder fun in london
August 28, 2012, 12:40:55 pm
Your closest will be the Shorditch Park Boulder here and Mabley Green Boulder here.   Topos.

Fairlop Waters is very pleasant for some lumps of concrete and usually quiet.  Details.

Some weirdos go to the old railway abutments on the disused North London Line where there is some esoteric highballing.  Good practice for Swanage or Culm coast routes.

The Spriggan sculpture inspired a Stephen King short story about a visiting American who discovers Crouch End is a portal to another dimension...

Zendeejay

#3 Re: outdoor boulder fun in london
August 28, 2012, 10:54:36 pm
That's amasing, thanks you have really brightened up my day now, hopefully the weather is nice tomorrow so I can go check out Shoreditch as it is fairly close. I thought I was going to get stuck climbing indoors through all of the good weather we have to come.
Thanks once again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal