UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Slinter Wall][Various][5-6c] (Read 1727 times)

bolehillbilly

• stalker
[Peak][Slinter Wall][Various][5-6c]
July 22, 2012, 09:16:48 pm
A handfull of problems on the wall across to the right of Via Gellia Buttress.  All the main up problems are in the 5-6a range and there is a 6c traverse.  First done in Summer 2005 but never recorded, I went back up there this week and thought it was worthwhile (if you live locally).   Steep limestone on good solid rock,  nice flat landing, no seepage at present, evening sunshine, 5 minute uphill walk.  Pack a parachute, all the problems finish standing on the good ledges.

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
Can you describe the location more accurately for someone who is not sure of the location of via gellia buttress, apart from off the via gellia road, grid reference ?

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#2 Re: [Peak][Slinter Wall][Various][5-6c]
August 01, 2012, 09:56:18 pm
It's to the immediate right of Via Gellia Buttress  SK288571.  You could park in either Cromford or Via Gellia Mill complex and walk to the bend at SK287571, though a few weeks back I parked in the old factory entrance with the for sale sign just before you get to the mill from Cromford which shaves a few minutes off the walk. From the bend in the road take the path by the cottage over the river turn left then immediately right up the hill following the stepped path.  5 minutes up hill from the cottage.
I've put the problems on Peak Bouldering tonight.  Will hopefully get up and give the finishing holds/ledge a clean later this week. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal