UKBouldering.com

release pain (Read 2927 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
release pain
April 20, 2004, 06:28:09 pm
I have noticed recently that when i'm down the woodie I sometimes get release pains when i let go of holds... It primarily happens on slopers (I think) and the pain is in my forearms, not my elbows.  It is an all encompassing forearm pain and not localised.  It happens when I have to throw hard for a hold, feet coming off kind of thing... And when I release from the hold I am on, i get a sharp, short, pain in my forearm.  

Anyone had this or know what it is?  I suspect it is something to do with not warming up enough so I'm going to try that for the next few weeks, but any more info is greatly appreciated.

cheers

LJ

• addict
#1 release pain
April 21, 2004, 01:41:34 pm
Sounds similar to what i got at the minute. Pain releasing holds, but no actual pain when climbing. Mine got quite bad before xmas so went to physio. He said i had some kind of shin splints in my forearm. Gave me some exercises and said take six weeks off and youll be reet.

Took 3 weeks off, started climbing, funnily enough it hasnt healed yet! :roll: Havent climbed indoors since january, but been going outsiude about twice a week, cos i cant stop! :lol:

But i dont know shit so dont listen to me!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal