UKBouldering.com

vimeo problems (Read 3324 times)

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
vimeo problems
June 13, 2012, 08:39:25 pm
trying to upload 2 videos both around 8mins long to vimeo and they upload fine, but when it says they are done, they are only a couple of seconds long? any clues as to what this is?
Use vegas pro and follow vimeos guidelines for this changing it to Sony AVC (Mp4) and so on but to no avail, tried it 3 times now and still the same problem.
cheers

Wood FT

• forum hero
#1 Re: vimeo problems
June 13, 2012, 09:13:33 pm
Do they both play ok on your computer? Long shot but once I selected only a tiny area of the film by mistake (the yellow bars above the timeline), rendered  and uploaded the shortened file without checking. Unless its that dumbass move I can'trhelp

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#2 Re: vimeo problems
June 14, 2012, 12:10:17 am
I had some serious problems uploading some edits up on vimeo a couple of months ago, they would say they have uploaded but nothing would play, annoying when i tried to reload them vimeo said I had reached my weekly HD limit.

I think the files size was too large (even thought below the max limit). So I exported in H.264 and they uploaded fine later that week.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: vimeo problems
June 14, 2012, 07:58:09 am
I had some serious problems uploading some edits up on vimeo a couple of months ago, they would say they have uploaded but nothing would play, annoying when i tried to reload them vimeo said I had reached my weekly HD limit.

I think the files size was too large (even thought below the max limit). So I exported in H.264 and they uploaded fine later that week.

If he replace option is still there, it won't count towards your limit.

I've always used h264, took some tweaking to get it right initially though.  Vimeo didn't like full HD, I toned down to 720

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: vimeo problems
June 14, 2012, 04:59:53 pm
Ccheers for the comments, rendered it again which took about 13 hours?!?! Why so long, laptop isn't great but no ancient, was using a hard drive with no mains power (just running off the laptop) which could have slowed it down??
Going to upload again tonight and see, might tweak the settings a little

Paul B

• forum hero
#5 Re: vimeo problems
June 14, 2012, 05:04:48 pm
Could be many things but I'd check if all of your USB ports are at least 2.0 (if not 3.0?) as some manufacturers scrimp and fit 1.0 ports where they might expect you to plug in a mouse or keyboard.

What was the RAW footage from? Converting from some DSLR formats into h.264 (which Sony AVC is I believe) used to really slow Vegas down a lot. I think this was fixed in Vegas 10 and higher.

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: vimeo problems
June 14, 2012, 05:48:58 pm
how do i check that paul? really not that great with computers....
 No, it was just cheap digital camera footage and not HD or anything. going to try again later with another edit and see.
cheers

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
#7 Re: vimeo problems
June 14, 2012, 06:00:01 pm
jesus titty fucking christ! Just found out why it took so long..... somehow the file is 1.8GB.... what have i done?......
is it possible to have a finished "produce" and then render it again? think i may have done that....

3rd time lucky...

Paul B

• forum hero
#8 Re: vimeo problems
June 14, 2012, 06:13:32 pm
how do i check that paul? really not that great with computers....
 No, it was just cheap digital camera footage and not HD or anything. going to try again later with another edit and see.
cheers

Control Panel -> Device Manager, is your USB controller "Enhanced"?

3:18 of 720p footage is roughly 100Mb (from my last Vimeo upload).

Under file, make sure your project settings match your input media settings. If they don't you could well be upscaling your output. Its pretty hard to troubleshoot beyond this without knowing how long the footage is /input res/output res etc.

A quick and dirty way to check would be to select a small portion of your file and output it as you did previously and then once again using WMV and the bitrate that corresponds to 720p (it says in the dropdown). Compare times / file sizes.

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
#9 Re: vimeo problems
June 14, 2012, 06:31:19 pm
doesnt say they are enhanced. Just Universal Serial Bus Controllers then a big list with no mention of Enhanced.
 ah ok, well I would be surprised if my footage is even 720p, however the file is 138Mb for about 8 and abit mins of video.
uploading to vimeo now so fingers crossed it will have worked.
cheers for the help!  :2thumbsup:

Paul B

• forum hero
#10 Re: vimeo problems
June 14, 2012, 09:25:01 pm
So that's USB 1 and might explain part of the bottleneck. To find the output resolution you could check the render dialogue box or on your final output file, click on properties and have a look at the resolution.

As I said earlier, in Vegas use the button that matches projects settings to input media to prevent any chance of accidentally up-scaling etc.

There's a blog "Eugenias Thoughts and Rants" which covers quite a lot of useful areas of video editing with and rendering with the majority of available editors... Also vimeo has videos about rendering for a lot of different software packages.

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
#11 Re: vimeo problems
June 15, 2012, 05:07:34 pm
yay, its worked! alot of effort for non quality but kind of enjoyed it...

Going to render another one tonight so hopefully wont take anywhere near as long
thanks again

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal