UKBouldering.com

Ghrunnda Boulders, Skye - Unclimbed projects?? (Read 1916 times)

Beegsyboy

• regular
Went here last week, amazing spot and great bouldering. Was wondering if anyone has done the hard problems claimed by Si O'C***.  Namely the steep face opposite Thunderhead and the Sit Start from the crack underneath Bass line Venom.  Both had chalk on and looked good??

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Are these boulders detailled in the Scottish bouldering guide?

Beegsyboy

• regular
The boulders are, the problems aren't. Can't find any mention anywhere of them being done?? The one on the venom boulder def looked doable, and really good.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Had a look at the Coire Lagan boulders a week back. Even they don't look like they see much traffic. Looked to be plenty of scope for new things, especially highballs if you could muster a multipad team. Looked to be some quality stuff to do in Coruisk, which would be a pretty low effort walk in if you got the boat.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Fultonius's mate James (Sutton?) is the person most likely to now. There's tons to be done there as well as Carn Liath.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
I know Dave Mac and Tweedley did some of the stuff, but I don't think any of the ludicrously graded stuff that Si'O imagined has been done, if, that is, they are possible...

Not sure if Taipan on the Venom boulder actually exists??

I'll try and get some facts...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal