UKBouldering.com

Repeat after Me and Kingdom of Pain, Ogwen (Read 3191 times)

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Could someone tell where Repeat after Me and Kingdom of Pain go please?

Doylo

• forum hero
Repeat After Me is at Caseg Fraith lower on the Boneyeard block. Jump to a pinch on the lip and campus top out. Will be amazing super duper hard from a low. Kingdom of Pain is the big traverse on the main face at Sheep Pen right to left, pretty sure its the version that finishes up Gnasher.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Cheers Chris, is the exact position of Repeat After Me obvious when you are there? Do you have any other suggestions for me in the Ogwen valley? We are thinking of a day trip tomorrow. My main plans at the moment are Spawn and maybe Sway On.

Doylo

• forum hero
Ye it's obvious. Its the right hand side of the block, pretty cool but a bit strange and morpho. Unrepeated despite the name. Also very short walk in and you park in the same place as Sway On. I haven't been to The Swarm much to my shame but its supposed to be excellent and is on the same hillside as Lily Savage and Paul o Grady both stellar 7bs. Expect boggy walk ins and Lily Savage not immediately obvious to locate. I'm sure you ve been to the Caseg boulder? You done Jerrys Problem?

Doylo

• forum hero

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
I've seen The Swarm before, as we went up to do George's Crack last spring, I thought it looked really good, hence why I'm psyched for that.

If you mean Jerry's Problem at Sheep Pen then yes I've done that.

Caseg Fraith sounds like a good spot to start if it's a short walk in, although I don't like the sound of RAM being morpho. Would Sway On destroy my tips if I do that before The Swarm?

Trench Fever does look good. Do you think it will be dry and is it easy to find?

Doylo

• forum hero
Sounds like a plan. Its nice warming up at Caseg Fraith. Maybe RAM is not morpho if you're good at jumping, see what you think. Trench Fever/The Wave approach is on page 103 of the bouldering guide. I've no idea if it'll be dry though. I don't think Sway On is a total skin shredder despite being bony but you'll have to see. Its all about stratgey on the day trips so i'm not sure you should trust my advice  ;D

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Nice one, thanks.

One last question. Could you suggest any decent roadside biviing sites in the valley please?

Doylo

• forum hero
Hmm not really. Maybe just hit up the campsite by Little Tryfan, i thought that was for youths that biviing malarky! Its bound to rain during the night  ;)

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
With redundancy looming I have to save my pennies, and it's a good forecast for tonight.

Thanks again Chris.

Doylo

• forum hero
Have a good one, report back on your day!

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
If the weather's nice, surely you can bivy anywhere? Maybe under Harvey Oswald?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal