UKBouldering.com

Another training site: (Read 3635 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Another training site:
December 17, 2002, 11:19:31 pm
The cutely named jollypower.com , ho ho ho!

Their credentials seem pretty good, the main man Alessandro "Jolly" Lamberti having climbed 16 routes between 8b+ and 9a.

Here's a pic of him working Fred Rouhling's "Hugh" (9a).

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Another training site:
December 17, 2002, 11:26:59 pm
And another of the lad on the south face of the Grandma Peabody boulder in Bishop.

Is this bouldering? Bigger than some very high E grade grit routes, that's for sure.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Another training site:
December 18, 2002, 11:22:09 am
It must be said, that once you read beyond the free stuff, the man is charging Eu100 for his training programs, which isn't that much of a bargain when you consider that Neil Gresham's excellent articles are available for free at planetfear.com

And of course, if you wanna splash some cash then the planetfear boys also do personal training programmes, etc....

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#3 Another training site:
December 19, 2002, 12:47:35 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
And of course, if you wanna splash some cash then the planetfear boys also do personal training programmes, etc....

I couldn't think what i wanted off me folks for Xmas last year so told them to get me one of the training programmes (a 10 week one - my price came minus VAT as i'm outside the UK which was a bit of an unexpected bonus)

Anyway, to cut a long story short - start of programme best redpoint F7b+, one year later (having followed it sporadically throughout the year - the bouldering stuff anyway, balls to all that stamina training!) i've managed F8a.

Whether or not i'd have got this much better anyway through just playing on the bouldering wall i don't know but i certainly feel that having a little bit of structure to sessions on the wall has helped

that'll be 50 quid for the good PR thanks Mr Gresham

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal