UKBouldering.com

The Olympic Torch Relay (Read 1097 times)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
The Olympic Torch Relay
May 19, 2012, 11:13:56 am
A big, big, hand, ladies and gentlemen, for the brains behind this edifying, nay, unifying idea:

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#1 Re: The Olympic Torch Relay
May 19, 2012, 11:56:44 am

There are other antecedents. I can just imagine Boris receiving burning bills before stumbling up to the podium.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#2 Re: The Olympic Torch Relay
May 19, 2012, 07:41:38 pm
The Nazi origins of the torch relay don't really concern  me.  If they did, to avoid hypocrisy I would also have to protest against VW Beetles - as they were also directly commissioned by Hitler (he asked Mr Porsche to design a people's car capable of transporting Aryan families in comfort at 100 km/hr). 

What does piss me off about the relay is the media overkill.  Every-time I have switched on the radio for the last few days there's been hours of tedious live feed from presenters waiting at drizzly airfields.  For heavens sake does anyone really care?  It strikes me as an exercise cooked up by primary school teachers in order to teach children about UK geography.  I haven't felt this disconnected from what's purported to be of public interest since Princess Di's funeral.

mark s

• junky
#3 Re: The Olympic Torch Relay
May 19, 2012, 08:13:25 pm
the nazi party are long gone as far as im concerned
although i am looking forward to some events,alot does nothing for me.also i think if the ioc blood tested me they wouldnt want me anywhere near the olympic flame  :ang:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal