UKBouldering.com

Hey... where are all the vegans/vegetarians? : ) (Read 3187 times)

maryveganclimber

Okay... so I am new to the UK... just moved from good ol' Canada. Love to boulder... would like to meet fellow boulderers or vegans or vegetarians. : )

Cheers!

robertostallioni

• forum hero
I would like a bottle of La Santa, a bag of fresh figs and to meet the Saturdays, on my terms.

and Hi.  :)

Drewski Rootbitch

• addict
I would like a new iPad, to be invisible for a day and to have been Big Daddy's tag team partner.
(is this how it's going to go now...?)

Hi.  :wave:

erm, sam

• forum hero
Where about in this piss wet country have you moved to?

maryveganclimber

Aberdeen, Scotland... I just started my Masters in Physiotherapy.

andy_e

• forum hero
Transition Extreme would be a good place to meet other climbers, but it's quite expensive and the bouldering's not amazing!

maryveganclimber

Yeah... I've been to Transition Extreme to boulder. Pretty small area. I did enjoy TCA in Glasgow. But I'd like to get outside more... haven't been yet in UK... I've heard that Dumbarton and Porthleven are good places.  I recently bought a book on bouldering in scotland... some pretty rad places. But would like to meet others to boulder with this summer too... more fun... more motivating if you know what i mean. : )

andy_e

• forum hero
Portlethen's not bad, and there's also Boltsheugh, Cammachmore and Clashfarquhar which have some very good problems, mostly in the higher grades.

maryveganclimber

Cool. Are you based in Aberdeen?  Let me know if you have any bouldering trips planned for the summer. I would love to join!  I'm off to for a 3 week road trip in France. I will be in Fontainebleau for a week at least. : )   I am very excited!!

andy_e

• forum hero
No, but a few people on here are, and I'm sure they'll be more help.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Portlethen's not bad, and there's also Boltsheugh, Cammachmore and Clashfarquhar which have some very good problems, mostly in the higher grades.

The man is speaking sense, apart from Boltsheugh which is wank.

Bouldering bouldering... Dumby is great but quite a drive. Best bouldering in Scotland, along with that, is probably: Torridon, Reiff / In The Woods, Ruthven Boulder (and area), Glen Nevis, Glen Clova, new developments at Laggan too. Get Bouldering In Scotland guide which at least shows where the crags are, and a big map of Scotland. Make your favourite weather website your homepage and remember any bouldering that isn't on the east coast you will need a breeze or you will DIE of midges.

Vegetarians....ugh what a concept  :sick:. Anyway I know a nice pair in Aberdeen, Brad and Meme, who are from....good ol' Canada  :2thumbsup:. Just go down to Transition and look for the blonde chick crushing F6c on toprope despite being 6 months pregnant  :strongbench:.

P.S. Can some mod move this to Something For The Weekend.

andy_e

• forum hero
Boltsheugh's alright for a session or two. There's also the new cave and Muchalls shore which have some fun problems.

Vegetarians....ugh what a concept  :sick:.

:yawn:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal