UKBouldering.com

Outdoors in nottingham? (Read 1945 times)

i.munro

• junky
Outdoors in nottingham?
May 21, 2012, 05:30:39 pm
Help.  :please:Please I'm stuck in nottingham this evening.   Back in the day when I used to live here, there were three spots  for  a quick sesh outdoors in nottm. Are any still in use?  I just checked the forest & it looked long abandoned.

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
#1 Re: Outdoors in nottingham?
May 21, 2012, 10:46:38 pm
Trent bridge still used as is the wall at the university. Sorry, prob a bit late now!

i.munro

• junky
#2 Re: Outdoors in nottingham?
May 22, 2012, 01:24:32 pm
Thanks anyway. Could still turn out to be useful.

Pebblespanker

• stalker
  • Old, grey and weak as a kitten
#3 Re: Outdoors in nottingham?
May 22, 2012, 02:10:33 pm
Late to the party with this info, sorry   :-[

Depends when you last visited Tent Bridge (I've used it on and off since around 84) but now all the action seems to be on the County Hall side; the tunnels don't really appear used that much (or rather as much as they were) apart from the RH side (facing downstream) of the tunnel nearest the river - the old training traverese on the LHS appears to have suffered at the hands of the sandblasters (?) as its nothing like it used to be in paces :shrug: on Notts Forest side the old traverse that used to go behind the tree is pretty much unclimable due to the hawthorn getting much bigger. The walls were sandblasted a while back I believe (?) which significantly altered the character of the monos on the County Hall side - still a good stamina exercise and pretty sustained at that just a bit harder than it used to be so around F6b/6c depending as ever on which holds you permit yourself - as usual avoid if Forest playing at home or be prepared for some helpful commentary ...

Uni (Terrace Wall - its on UKC) is still as crimpy as ever and the traverses are still excellent including a very stiff 6a on the LH Upper wall ...

Forest wall as you say appears unused now - I live nearby and have not seen anyone training on there for years so if you do go it will be very sandy...

i.munro

• junky
#4 Re: Outdoors in nottingham?
May 22, 2012, 03:58:06 pm
It wasn't the sandyness that put me off so much as the prospect of it fallin down  :oops:

i.munro

• junky
#5 Re: Outdoors in nottingham?
May 23, 2012, 01:02:47 pm
Thanks guys. Had a very pleasant evening on the terrace wall.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal