the shizzle > shootin' the shit

Family holiday ideas - probably not climbing

<< < (2/23) > >>

Jim:
I think this place ticks all the boxes:
http://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/le_ranolien
was quite a while ago when I went (before I had kids) plus there is some climbing there if you fancy it

slackline:
Sixth ( :oops: ) vote for Brittany, had a lovely week camping there last year.

The peninsula of Queberon is very nice & we spent a couple of nights there as its close to Carnac which has some of the larger collections of menhirs.  We then went further up the west coast and stayed near Telgruc-sur-mer.

Highly recommend , langoustine starter, yellow pollack w/mustard main and cheese board for desert, at about €20, bargain!  That said food was good pretty much everywhere we ate, crepes in particular were delicious.

Kids would no doubt love the Oceanopolis aquarium in Brest which is one of the better aquariums I've been round in my time.

Don't miss the lovely fortified town of Dinan either, beautiful.

We went early in June as it tied in with wifes half-term break, most places were pretty empty and as with fatdoc took the ferry overnight to St Malo (highly recommend booking early to get cabins, we didn't and had a shitty nights sleep).

Some snaps

Oldmanmatt:
Uh, Slackers?
That would be six votes for Brittany, as all the locations recommended so far are Breton.
Having traveled a fair bit of the planet, it is (if you catch the weather right) superb and if you like sea food? Well, probably nowhere better.

Oh, yeah.
The Plymouth - Roscoff (and it's a beautiful town) crossing is almost a mini cruise if you do the overnighter with a cabin and puts you right into the heart of Brittany.
Might be a bit of a ball ache on this side if coming down from the north. Though a straight run down the M5 must be better than trying to get to P'smth or S'mpton or Dover.

tomtom:
Weymouth/Poole. Condor were the cheapest last year.. C.50% cheaper than Brittany ferries..

lagerstarfish:
cheers

it's taken me a while to research all that

comparing Łnumbers now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version