the shizzle > shootin' the shit

Family holiday ideas - probably not climbing

<< < (4/25) > >>

fatkid2000:
We're having this debate at home currently.

We only have a 2 year old to take - who hates being in the car for more than about an hour - despite food and DVD bribes.

My wife was recommended North Norfolk by some friends she worked with. ?Wells on the Water?

We'd prefer Brittany but with a 2 year who screams all the way there and a wife who gets sea-sick just at the thought of going on a long ferry crossing, I'm more inclined to stay in the UK. Cornwall / Devon seems stupidily expensive!

SA Chris:
Remind me where you are based? Liverpool? Not sure you will get to Norfolk in an hour? You could get to Northumberland in the same time. A bit more to it than Norfolk, but depends what you want to do.

Duma:
Pembroke is a less ruined cornwall. Cardigan is a nice little town, mwnt beach is lovely: , this caravan site is just a few hundred yards away, dunno what it's like though. The other side of fishguard, this pub is nice. The coastal quarries at Abereiddi are worth a look too. dunno prices compared to cornwall tho. FK2K, have you tried leaving about the childs bedtime? mine sleeps pretty well in the car.

Duma:
Oh, and there's some good looking easy bouldering in the preseli hills mentioned in grimers book...

T_B:
I stayed in Wells-next-to-the-sea a couple of years ago on a family get-together. Also, my wife's from Norfolk, so I've been to quite a few spots on the N Norfolk coastline. Personally, I find it very dull. If you do go though, I recommend The Lifeboat Inn in Thornham, which is a great food pub (massive roaring fire in winter).

What about Northern Spain? A week on the beach and a week in the Picos. I had an amazing holiday there as a kid (going back later this summer, tho sans famille  ::))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version