technical > computers, technology and the internet

Cloud Storage

<< < (19/20) > >>

remus:

--- Quote from: GazM on February 22, 2021, 06:11:09 pm ---My wife has a question that I have no idea about but we reckon the good folk of UKB will have the knowledge. Here it is:
"I have 8GB of files in dropbox but want to transfer them to Onedrive. I've signed up for the £1.99/month Onedrive subscription for 100Gb of cloud storage which should be more than enough but I'd like to know the easiest way to transfer files from dropbox to Onedrive? And is there a method I definitely SHOULDN'T use?!"

--- End quote ---

Easiest way would just be to have a machine that's signed in to both the old dropbox account and the new onedrive account then copy and paste from the dropbox folder to the onedrive folder. The limiting factor will be upload speed to onedrive, if you're in a rush you could take your laptop somewhere with a fast internet connection.

GazM:
Perfect, thanks Remus. That's what she'd suspected but just wanted to check she wasn't missing something obvious.

Will Hunt:
I've got about 120GB of guidebook material backed up to a one drive account whose annual subscription is coming up for renewal. It'll be £60 which feels like a lot for an Office subscription I no longer really need and a backup which I rarely ever touch. I can't bump down to the cheaper plan without deleting a load of stuff (the limit is 100GB) so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

Google have cheap cloud storage options for infrequently accessed data called Coldline or Archive storage but these options look geared towards commercial operations.

Any suggestions?

M1V0:

--- Quote from: Will Hunt on January 10, 2024, 04:18:09 pm ---I've got about 120GB of guidebook material backed up to a one drive account whose annual subscription is coming up for renewal. It'll be £60 which feels like a lot for an Office subscription I no longer really need and a backup which I rarely ever touch. I can't bump down to the cheaper plan without deleting a load of stuff (the limit is 100GB) so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

Google have cheap cloud storage options for infrequently accessed data called Coldline or Archive storage but these options look geared towards commercial operations.

Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---

Have you stored in uncompressed or as a zip file? If the former, you may be lucky enough that compressing it drops the size suitably for qualifying for the 100GB version

Paul B:
Google Drive:

https://one.google.com/about/plans?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnfmsBhDfARIsAM7MKi0qyQGmk9Dr4O2RpoPN3ZstXPM8_cg1No9rtKA29tWwyV0JPvv8atAaAtQVEALw_wcB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version