UKBouldering.com

CWIF (Climbing Works International Festival) 5th-6th March (Read 6418 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
http://climbingworks.com/the-beta/events/cwif-2011/

NO ENTRY FEE, no isolation for the qualification round, the chance to climb alongside some of the best climbers in the world on problems set by some of the world's best route setters.

CWIF 2011 will be held over 2 days giving you a competition that will push the competitors to the limit. It's open to everyone, in 2010 we had over 200 competitors for the qualification round. In 2011 we're expanding to 350 competitors with pre-registration required (we were full pre-day in 2010). Register here

On the same weekend as the CWIF, the Sheffield Adventure Film Festival (ShAFF) will also be taking place. which means Sheffield will be the place to be if you are a climber.

psychomansam

• forum hero
Anyone know what's going on, can't get stream to work. Dunno if i'm being useless?

:please:

reeve

• obsessive maniac
Katy Whittacker won womens, Polish chap (can't remember his name) won the mens. Think Dave Barrans came second.
New comp wall looked great, good looking problems. Winners were decided before everyone had finished climbing though unfortunately, still exciting spectacle nontheless!

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Jerney is Slovenian, not Polish

reeve

• obsessive maniac
Shouldn't you be at the after-party?!
Thanks to the climbing works for putting it on. Even just as someone who was purely spectating, its a great event to have in the city, and I know you all put a lot into it. Cheers!  :beer2:

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
I'll second that, climbed on sat and watched finals on the stream... Good work CW!

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
watched it via t'interwotsit :popcorn: while trying to ignore my better half and her sister gabbing on about which bloody celebrities they fancy. Good work to all involved and well done to all who took part.

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives

Jernej Krudor, Mens Winner, C.W.I.F.F. 2011 by travelswithmyt4, on Flickr

totally awed by jernej, really nice guy. and how close was he to messing up that flash on the last problem? on the pic, his right hand slipped from the hold its on and managed to somehow grab the lower sloper shown by his wrist. well deserved win

Stubbs

Typically my live feed froze when he flashed the last problem, and I just got to see him cruising to the jug, seemed to be quite a bit ahead of the other competitors.  Tyler, although obviously not the most technically accomplished comp climber looked very strong, loved how he took the swing on the sloper on the last problem!

I know it's part of the comp scene, but I think that steep problems are way more spectator friendly than slabby ones.  Alot of the US comps seem to have eliminated slabby problems completely.

Well done Climbing Works  :thumbsup:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Great pic Paul - Jernej would like a copy if at all possible.

Not content with winning yesterday he has been out and crushed Stanage again today - I will put up a full list of what he has done later this week with photos but it is one hell of a tick list.

tomtom

• forum hero
Typically my live feed froze when he flashed the last problem, and I just got to see him cruising to the jug, seemed to be quite a bit ahead of the other competitors.  Tyler, although obviously not the most technically accomplished comp climber looked very strong, loved how he took the swing on the sloper on the last problem!

totally awed by jernej, really nice guy. and how close was he to messing up that flash on the last problem? on the pic, his right hand slipped from the hold its on and managed to somehow grab the lower sloper shown by his wrist. well deserved win

Video of Jernej doing the last problem is over on the other channel... including the victory 1 armer! Beast!!

Superb pics Paul - much better than the ones on the other channels page..

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
So, on-line registration is now open - sign up here

http://www.climbingworks.com/the-beta/events/cwif-registration/

The form has been online for 1 day, and we have already filled 50 places so hurry up to avoid disappointment.

boulderingbacon

• menacing presence
ive signed up, im not good but just gonna enjoy the weekend. :2thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal