UKBouldering.com

Article Submission for the Comics Questions (Read 1334 times)

nik at work

• forum hero
I know that some of the residents of this parish have put pen to paper for the comics in the past so was wondering if I could call upon your expertise as it is a field of which I am a complete know nothing. I am thinking of writing an article about a climbing area and was wondering if anybody knows:

- How long (number of words) should I aim for?
- I assume I'd need to provide photo's and other graphics (e.g. location maps, topos, blah blah) but the comic would do all the layout/editing type stuff. I.e. I just send them a word doc (other text handling programs are available) with my text and a bunch of image files and they sort it out from there (or tell me to bugger off, the writing's uneditable drivel and the photo's are all out of focus)?

Any other hints and tips gratefully received...

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
For style and length I would take a look at what has been published recently along similar lines. I'd guess 1500 words would be about right. Usually its just a word doc yeah. Not seen any of your pics, but without being rude its unlikely snaps will carry a whole piece. On the other hand if its in the Uk a decent photographer with a couple of models would only need a day's shoot.

All the editors are nice, approachable types at the mo, so the main thing would be to drop one an email and ask them...

nik at work

• forum hero
Cheers JB, I'll get emailing.

(I'm well aware of the limits of my photography, I think there is a resident "pro" to sort me out with the snaps)

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Try and cut down the buildering and tree climbing shit though. :chair:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Maybe email both mags. If its the full expose on Mytholm Steeps we've all been waiting for you'll have a bidding war on your hands. Ker-ching.

nik at work

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal