UKBouldering.com

What to do in Starbucks® when they ask "what is your name?" (Read 24528 times)

Stubbs

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
What?

You genuinely don't know who I am, do you?

miso soup

• obsessive maniac

robertostallioni

• forum hero

robertostallioni

• forum hero

tomtom

• forum hero

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
The Supreme Lord said: I am death, the mighty destroyer of the world, out to destroy. Even without your participation all the warriors standing arrayed in the opposing armies shall cease to exist.

And a skinny Cap, no chocolate, two extra shots...

Oh and a Triple Choc Muffin while you're there....

(Or as Oppenheimer said it "I am become Death...").

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
"I should have gone somewhere where they make coffee and not an inspid simulacrum of brown, brackish piss water with far too much caffeine in it that wouldn't know an Arabica bean if it bit it on the fucking nose".

:sorry: about the rant ;)

For the record, I don't despise their corporate homogenaity, ceaseless cheesy marketing or really even this latest attempt to endear themselves to a credulous public (everyone may laugh, but it has reaped them a whole shit load of publicity) ..... just their inability to produce anything like decent coffee.

Sorry again, I get enthusiastic about coffee.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
"What's your name?"
"Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible cunt, me."

miso soup

• obsessive maniac

For the record, I don't despise their corporate homogenaity, ceaseless cheesy marketing or really even this latest attempt to endear themselves to a credulous public (everyone may laugh, but it has reaped them a whole shit load of publicity) ..... just their inability to produce anything like decent coffee.

I despise all those things and their inability to produce anything like decent coffee.  But occasionally shit coffee is better than no coffee at all.

I also hate asking for a double espresso and being asked if I want a muffin with it.  If I wanted a muffin I would have said so when asked what I wanted.

tomtom

• forum hero
Excellent. I shall be Alan Partrige next time im in Starbucks... And I shall make sure they spell it correctly and read it out twice ;) But...

I dont really get why everyone is so down on Starbucks... are they really the spawn of satan? or just big and successful..? Do they tie up whip and dunk small children in boiling oil?

I like Starbucks coffee for a long coffee/americano (its my chain of choice for his brew) - though expresso is better in other chains (e.g. Nero - or Cafe Nerd as my visually impaired mother calls it ;) )...

Every shop now asks you if you want a muffin/cake/life-insurance with your coffee.. c'est la vie.. the whole name thing has been around for ages in the States... (at least since 2003 in my case..) "Americano for Taaaaam...."

Maybe this news says more about the British 'sensibilities' than anything Starbucks are planning to do....

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
My name is Earl .......

andy popp

• forum hero

C'mon Tom - the coffee is terrible. And the stupid order/collection system always seems a complete cock-up

Drewski Rootbitch

• addict
I don't give a monkey's about the name as long as the don't tinker with my Venti soy no-foam latté  :coffee:

(she probably should have gone decaf...)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
I dont really get why everyone is so down on Starbucks... are they really the spawn of satan? or just big and successful..? Do they tie up whip and dunk small children in boiling oil?

I like Starbucks coffee for a long coffee/americano (its my chain of choice for his brew)

I wouldn't care about the children in boiling oil if they made decent coffee. If the spawn of satan made coffee like Bragazzi in Sheffield, for instance, I'd shake him by the hand.
All sucessful corporations do immoral things, that is just the way of things unfortunately. By the same token, I mainly dislike McDonalds because I hate the food, not for their success.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:30:32 am by TobyD »

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
I don't give a monkey's about the name as long as the don't tinker with my Venti soy no-foam latté  :coffee:

(she probably should have gone decaf...)

Hot psycho blondie with make up, packages and caffeine overdose makes up for a great night and a morning of regrets.
BOOM. I don't know who she is, officer.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

All sucessful corporations do immoral things, that is just the way of things unfortunately.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
I managed about 2 minutes. I'll never suggest that any girl is high maintenance ever again.

metal arms

• menacing presence
I managed about 2 minutes. I'll never suggest that any girl is high maintenance ever again.

I did bash out an angry wank under my desk but it took longer than 2 minutes...  Her voice kept putting me off my stroke.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE

north_country_boy

• junky

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a

tomtom

• forum hero
Sorry, I like the stuff.. :/ maybe I spent too long in the states..

This is our work coffee set up (I am a 1/3 owner in the saeko-gaggia machine..)

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
That girl's not serious, she taking the piss, surely? 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal