New forum features: (Read 3433 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
New forum features:
February 15, 2004, 12:03:13 pm
I have installed two updates:

1. Show/hide avatars and signatures
If you don't want to see users avatars or signatures when you read the forum, you can now turn off their display from your profile. The two options are just where you select your forum style.

2. Printer friendly topic view
When you view a topic, you will see a new printer icon next to the reply to this topic button. If you click the button the topic is redisplayed in a printer friendly format. At the top of the printer-friendly page are two boxes and a button marked "O_o" - these control the number of posts that are displayed on the page. This is handy if you only want to print out a range of posts from the topic, rather than the whole thing.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 New forum features:
February 15, 2004, 08:35:21 pm
sorry about the downtime tonight, just installed another forum modification that will allow users to post files attachments - it's not for general use yet but might be in the future if it works well enough.

danielb

• regular
    • http://www.danielb.org.uk
#2 New forum features:
March 18, 2004, 08:41:33 pm
Bubba,

I am one of the site coders for www.RockClimbing.com if you take a look at the forums there you will see that we show the title of the last posted to thread for each forum as well as the usual poster name and link to the post. I help you mod your phpBB to do that to if you want?

DanielB

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 New forum features:
March 18, 2004, 08:58:38 pm
Cheers  :D

How hard a mod is it? I'd have thought it'd be fairly straightforward, just passing the topic title as well as the username of the last post?

What do people think? Handy or not?

I'm pretty much holding fire on further mods until phpBB 2.2 is released but if people really want a feature, then I'm always willing to change that.

danielb

• regular
    • http://www.danielb.org.uk
#4 New forum features:
March 18, 2004, 09:27:33 pm
Its not too hard I just got to remember where the changes are...

I quite like it as an easy way to see the latest posts...

spaniard

#5 new forum features:
May 03, 2004, 03:15:30 pm
one of the best forums on line./ thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal