UKBouldering.com

toilets at Ilkley, Cow and Calf parking (Read 3700 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
toilets at Ilkley, Cow and Calf parking
April 02, 2012, 07:49:46 pm
Toni Falconi has finally opened his new cafe at the car park by The Cow and Calf - included in the building is a toilet for public use.

Toni has run a business on the site for years from a temporary shack. He prudently bought the existing pump house building some time ago and has managed to sort out the various permissions to put the building to proper use.

No inside seating, but reasonable coffee and food. He didn't have bacon sandwiches on the menu, but assured me that this was only because he wrote the sign in a hurry. His sausage roll and pasty prices include VAT.

Parking is still free and limited.

I went to the opening do on Sunday - He laid on a very good spread of food and drink (plenty of Peroni, red and white whine). I would have posted up, but have a 20th Century phone with no internet ability. Not often you get smoked salmon, 6 types of dead pig and caviar laid on in Yorkshire.

As I say - toilets are for everyone; council fund the maintenance - no need for Spanish style crag logging

andy_e

• forum hero
If you've got diarrhoea and still want to climb then Yorkshire's the place to be- first Brimham, now Ilkley...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
no need for Spanish style crag logging

I do not mean to imply anything about Spanish people; I refer only to the fact that the crags that I have been to that have the most amount of poo and associated wiping materials around them have been in Spain

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.

I went to the opening do on Sunday - He laid on a very good spread of food and drink (plenty of Peroni, red and white whine).

That's the trouble with this sort of event, always someone moaning about something. What's wrong with good old fashioned ale?

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 toilets at Ilkley, Cow and Calf parking
April 03, 2012, 08:11:12 pm
Sorry wasn't able to post this up from your text Lagers.. I'm on holiday (limited internetii) :/

Sounds good though.. At last One good reason to visit Ilkley again ;)

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
I love it.

Yorkshire is the number 1 climbing destination for diarhoea sufferers.

andy_e

• forum hero
Don't you mean the number 2 destination?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
No shit.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
Don't you mean the number 2 destination?

No, definitely number 1, just from the arse.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal