UKBouldering.com

Sheffield Hallam Housing advice? (Read 2383 times)

Seb

• addict
Sheffield Hallam Housing advice?
April 18, 2012, 08:43:38 pm
One more for the brain trust/shared brain cell of UKB. Im a mature student and to be quite honest pretty dull, I dont drink and like to sleep and im 28. This of course means I want to avoid the usual student stuff off partying and staying up all night that happens at halls. Any one got any good info on what place to go for out of the options if thats the case? Im also considering finding a house some how but im not sure how easy that would be. Thanks.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#1 Re: Sheffield Hallam Housing advice?
April 18, 2012, 09:35:18 pm
If you're dull and grown up, get a house. Will suit you better. I wouldn't be able to stand halls. There's plenty of places about that'll be close enough to the uni and closer to a good climbing wall. Try gumtree. Or ukc

For instance. http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/double-room-close-to-city-centre-to-let/100515960

Or this one, letting from the summer, complete with girls http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/room-to-rent--vincent-road/100644849
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:41:52 pm by psychomansam »

James Malloch

• forum hero
#2 Re: Sheffield Hallam Housing advice?
April 18, 2012, 09:55:12 pm
It may be a bit far, but there is a space in my house in crookes (well, I'm moving out) from July.  4 climbers left there, climb pretty hard sport to 7c, trad to E5/6 and boulder into 7's (well, that's the best people).

Few beastmakers up, holds and pullup bars etc. £67 rent a week.

They're not the liveliest people in terms of going out, but always down the climbing walls or in the peak.

Let me know if you might be interested.

Seb

• addict
#3 Re: Sheffield Hallam Housing advice?
April 18, 2012, 10:24:33 pm
James, im in the collegiate cresent campus so that could work well. Where abouts in Crookes?
Pyschomansam, Cheers ill have a look at those as well.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#4 Re: Sheffield Hallam Housing advice?
April 18, 2012, 10:45:46 pm
That campus is basically surrounded by the all the best places to live privately, so don't even dream of halls.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#5 Re: Sheffield Hallam Housing advice?
April 19, 2012, 12:45:43 am
It's on Brighton Terrace if you want to google it. It's quite a social house with people being in the kitchen/lounge a lot and doesn't have the newest sofas. But it's very comfy and homely with a PC/TV rammed full of climbing films and DVD's and games.

3 rooms at the moment are available (two people are staying from this year) which are all good sized doubles with a desk and wardrobes. I'm not sure how the rooms are being sorted but doesn't make much difference. There is two bathrooms also.

If you bike, the garage/cellar has been converted into a bike workshop with stands etc too which is pretty cool, the landlord is quite laid back.

Durbs

• forum hero
#6 Re: Sheffield Hallam Housing advice?
April 19, 2012, 12:48:09 pm
I'd like to add that Seb is very nice chap, and not as dull as he makes out.

Seb

• addict
#7 Re: Sheffield Hallam Housing advice?
April 19, 2012, 10:56:19 pm
Cheers Durbs. Hopefully ill see you down Craggy before I head up.
James, Im interested it all sounds good. Any chance of some pictures? Ill PM you my email address.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal