UKBouldering.com

Poor skin (Read 13884 times)

IS2

• addict
#25 Re: Poor skin
March 20, 2012, 08:23:40 pm

teabags and superglue are nonsense

Teabags work well for me. Gone from holes and sore tips to skin that stays thick, does not dry out and wears very well on sandstone or grit. Just sharing years of experience not promulgating nonsense. Only down side is slight loss of friction when I have time off more abrasive rock.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#26 Re: Poor skin
March 20, 2012, 08:29:09 pm
Do you crimp with your little finger extended?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#27 Re: Poor skin
March 20, 2012, 09:17:55 pm
hmmm antihydral. now i used some in swiss end of jan because my skin fell to bits on a warm day. it is literally the last 2 weeks that my tips are starting to get back to any sort of normality.
the key with das stumpf krem is to make sure once appplied you keep climbing on rough rock and using moisturiser otherwise you end up with fucking desperate lepper hands (as i have been duly afflicted)
would i use it again? yes certainly, not as a long term thing, i' use it if i went to swiss or some other granite area and it was hot, no place on filthy lime or font/sandstone for me.

all of this is anecdote and it will be a case of trial and error. consider how/when/what you are climbing. are you slapping greasy slopers in the midday sun on the minute (like jim) then you just need to exercise some self control, if you are being a sensible bod and trying stuff in good nick when you're well rested and you get to climb alot then use some stump.

another thing i found important was to wash the chalk off my hands before driving home - its not so much an issue if its 10mins back to shef but if you're using super chalk and driving an hour an a half its better to get that shit off before you start to get nasty fissures

hand care is an art

Listen to this.

Use antihyral... And a good moist type creme...

And sand paper a little... And accept some peeps skin is better than others. Eat well... That helps.

ziggytang

• addict
#28 Re: Poor skin
March 20, 2012, 09:51:05 pm
Well the Antihydral arrived courtesy of Omar15 on here.

Will let you know my thoughts.

Cheers for all the input

buster martin

#29 Re: Poor skin
March 20, 2012, 10:17:10 pm
Antihydral works really well once you find out what works for you and if you make sure you sand and use climb on, i have also found that the udder cream stuff makes you skin strong but not to dry and glassy oh and liquid chalk works well for the sweaty hands! good luck!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:23:01 pm by buster martin »

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#30 Re: Poor skin
March 21, 2012, 09:54:16 am

Teabags work well for me. Gone from holes and sore tips to skin that stays thick, does not dry out and wears very well on sandstone or grit. Just sharing years of experience not promulgating nonsense. Only down side is slight loss of friction when I have time off more abrasive rock.

I don't really drink tea much, would coffee grounds have the same effect?

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#31 Re: Poor skin
March 21, 2012, 08:53:47 pm
Try the Big Joe Joyce method:

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#32 Re: Poor skin
March 22, 2012, 09:20:33 pm
Have you tried deadlifting?  I swear it really helps the skin. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal