UKBouldering.com

Full Power (Read 3757 times)

Duma

• forum hero
Full Power
March 03, 2012, 03:16:14 pm
Anyone got any footage/beta of this? The guide says sit start, but the guy that I met last week there mentioned something about crouching, and pb.info is unclear (says "low start" and gives starting holds). Would like to try again as SotG felt fine, and I'd been told the moves into it weren't too bad, however on Sat I didn't get my arse off the floor...

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#1 Re: Full Power
March 03, 2012, 03:44:07 pm
Sit start.

Crouching makes it easier to set your right heel just right, which makes to next few moves easier and less likely to drop. Pull off the floor footless place your heel on and go.

Duma

• forum hero
#2 Re: Full Power
March 03, 2012, 03:55:22 pm
Damn, I feared as much. Thanks anyway.

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Full Power
March 03, 2012, 09:00:43 pm
Or original sequence of pulling on with left foot at back.

Duma

• forum hero
#4 Re: Full Power
March 03, 2012, 09:45:30 pm
Aha! I did think that while watching the vid on pb.info of dave barrans on 8 ball but assumed it would be even harder?

abarro81

• forum hero
#5 Re: Full Power
March 03, 2012, 09:54:51 pm
Theres footage of moon on it somewhere online - should come up if you search full power. Can't link as on phone I'm afraid

Duma

• forum hero
#6 Re: Full Power
March 03, 2012, 10:02:47 pm
Cheers:

He does the first move before getting his heel on! And his sequence on SotG looks nails! This is seeming less likely by the minute!

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#7 Re: Full Power
March 03, 2012, 10:22:32 pm
Or original sequence of pulling on with left foot at back.

Aha! I did think that while watching the vid on pb.info of dave barrans on 8 ball but assumed it would be even harder?

You may be making a fundamental error of assumption there.

When you see the words "Andy Harris" and "original sequence" together it is rarely going to make things easier.

ferret

• forum abuser
#8 Re: Full Power
March 05, 2012, 01:34:48 am
I think that me n the Harris are in agreement that if you can pull on with foot on the back, do the 1st move and place right heel on while left foot is still on the back, then the problem is easier. Mainly because you can see where your placing your heel, with the campus way you often put the heel on wrong, but you dont realise this until you've done a further 2 moves, quite frustrating.
Anyway if my legs were long enough I would use the left foot on the shelf method, cause its more percentage.
Top problem, good luck.

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
#9 Re: Full Power
March 05, 2012, 07:41:33 pm
I've always done it left foot on the back, splits style to the heelhook. Problem is if your left arm is too short you can't hang out enough to see the hold and to make it worse you can only see with your right eye so no depth of field (sounds like climbing in short armed, 1 eyed pirate style). I found chalk marks or tape on hold were of no use or at least to get your heel on decently (a prerequisite for the rest of the problem) so opted for someone giving directions. Are you guppy pinching with the left hand as this gives you the most extension?

If your heel isn't on good enough the only place I can adjust it is when you get the right hand sloper and just try and scum it back on.

As for the old school beta it was horrendous and even worse until Neil Bentley found a better less powerfull way. Seem to remember Ben thinking 8 ball the hardest problem he'd done at the time and more 8b+.  It's the move up to the sidepull with his left hand really low that's hard as opposed to being a good foot higher as you do now.

Good luck. It's a great set of moves, just a shame it doesn't start at head height.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal