UKBouldering.com

Bouldering improvements in later life.... (Read 15739 times)

ghisino

• forum abuser
I don't understand how a positive attitude towards younger climbers is essential to an older person bouldering better in later life?

it is maybe biased by the observation of the "older" (40 something) climbers i know...

the ones who generally perform better seem to mix with younger generations.
It's probably simply a good way to keep boredom away and find a source of motivation, and possibly new tricks, esxpecially if you've been climbing in the same area for 20+ years...

anyway, among this sub-group of oldies, the most successful are the ones who have a balanced position about their younger partners' physical abilities - not overly competitive or jealous, yet not falling either in that kind of "i'm old, weak and often injuried" self-commiseration...

a dense loner

• forum hero
Nonsense. I still don't understand how me having a positive attitude to someone younger makes me a better climber. What next me having a poor attitude to older climbers makes me a poor climber? Very random thought process. If we were to change the word younger to mate or the word older to mate then I could understand

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Nonsense. I still don't understand how me having a positive attitude to someone younger makes me a better climber. What next me having a poor attitude to older climbers makes me a poor climber? Very random thought process. If we were to change the word younger to mate or the word older to mate then I could understand
It's not exactly "having a positive attitude toward someone younger".  It's more of an elimination of age as a determinant or excuse.   

a dense loner

• forum hero
Yes I know Sasquatch, one is totally different to the other tho

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Yes I know Sasquatch, one is totally different to the other tho
True. 

Gritrat

• regular
Thirty's not even clocking in to middle age!  I didn't even start climbing of any kind until I was thirty.  It's now four years later and I ticked my first 7B+ last week - I hope to consolidate that and assuming I can stay injury-free, bag at least one 7C that suits my style this year.

Have done this with regular bouldering indoor and out and some fingerboarding.

You have nowt to worry about!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal