UKBouldering.com

Shoulder exercises that don't stress the joints (Read 8454 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
I got better just thinking of it as an option...

No no, I feel fine.

Keep the finger for those that need it.

Really much better now.

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
I was actually looking for some research regarding acupuncture and A2's etc. and came across some anecdotal evidence of it being used with an electronic current to stimulate blood flow. This technique is called E-stim. DO NOT type E-stim into google. There are some weird people out there.

So you think that one persons wierd anecdotal evidence is pure quackery, but you are happy to try sticking some pins in yourself and wiring them up to the mains. I bet there is no SCIENCE supporting that either.

Just saying. I don't really care.

Paul B

• forum hero
Where did I say that? I said I was researching.... i.e. looking for evidence to support said suggestion, I didn't say if I found any. Actually I stopped looking as soon as electronic Butt Plugs began appearing.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
How many Gigabytes are they and do they come with Android?

petejh

• forum hero
I didn't think your 'weird annecdotal evidence' was 'pure quackery' either. I just I found it a bit amusing that you didn't acknowledge the placebo effect and instead described the earring removal 'working in some really uncomprehensible way or there is some really weird mental issue where you just think it better... etc etc...'

... and eventually tried removing an earring and she showed improvement. So it either works in some really uncomprehensible way or there is some really wierd mental issue where you just think it better because you are told that the foreign body is responsible for the issue and then that is removed. But I doubt it.

I don't believe this shit works, but I know that it has produced results.

Placebo:
Really weird, uncomprehensible to science -  check.
Mental issue - check.
'Just think it better' - check.
'Because you are told the foriegn body is responsible for the issue' - check.
'I know it has produced results' - check. Look up how many wonder drugs never reach market due to failing to beat the placebo effect in trials.

ianv

• forum abuser
I was actually looking for some research regarding acupuncture and A2's etc. and came across some anecdotal evidence of it being used with an electronic current to stimulate blood flow. This technique is called E-stim. DO NOT type E-stim into google. There are some weird people out there.

I think there is some evidence that magnetic pulses can stimulate growth in bones. So this might work on tendons as well. 

http://www.physioclinic.net/pdf/The-structure-and-physiology-of-bone-and-physiotherapeutic-modalities-to-promote-fracture-healing.pdf

Some surgeons reckon it bollocks though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal