UKBouldering.com

SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!! (Read 40061 times)

SamT

• forum hero
#75 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
April 04, 2012, 03:38:37 pm
You are right of course, and it was talked about.

Had to drop kids off at me mums as she's having them overnight and tomorrow (so I can get some work done!)

Would have been great to plonk em on the train with a label pinned to their lapel , 1939 stylee, "please deposit in Hathersage".  especially since me mum lives right next to the train station. 

But you never know these days, there's all them paedos out there in't it. [/sarcasm]

(I wonder if you'd get done by social services if you actually did that, it would probably hit the red tops at least  ::)  )

Eddies

• forum hero
#76 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
April 04, 2012, 04:42:45 pm
A good 3 to 4" of white stuff fell on Buoux'ton overnight.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#77 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 08:44:25 am
pretty thick in Hudds over night my village is shut off walked into work today.
my car had 4or5" on top this morning was clear when I got home last night at 6pm.
Its now snowing again.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#78 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 08:49:11 am
BBC reporters on TV and Radio from Huddersfield. I'd keep a look out for four dudes on horseback if I was you.

tomtom

• forum hero
#79 SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 08:53:23 am
Would they be the four snowmen of the apocalypse? ;)

I shouldn't jest - I have to navigate the Mof62 at some point later this morning.. (I'm passing on the cliff plans.. Just a hunch)

dave

#80 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 09:00:26 am
school closed today, supposedly for morning only, but I don't like my chance of being in this afternoon.

Apparently Tapton is open though!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#81 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 09:08:03 am
Sporadic light drizzle in Glasgow. Makes a change from the last week of being bone dry, frosts aside. HTH.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#82 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 09:31:27 am
Decent dump overnight in PR26, still snowing. Got to school to be told it is closed, so a day of snow person making. Shame the heating died last night.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#83 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 09:36:57 am
a day of snow person making.

according to my kids, all snow people have to be accompanied by snow dogs this year

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#84 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 09:44:20 am
coming down quite heavy in hudds .. Hope I get sent home from work would not mind a repeat of testing my rab jacket on saturday

I can confirm a rab latok alpine works well as a sledge

psychomansam

• forum hero
#85 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 09:52:14 am
school closed today, supposedly for morning only, but I don't like my chance of being in this afternoon.

Apparently Tapton is open though!

Snow day for my school in Staffordshire. Quite dodgy on all but the major road here in Derby and still coming down.

Could've just stayed in Sheff yest!

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#86 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 10:11:36 am
Quite tempted to test out the snow tyres and make a flat landing for pistol whip at the cliff. One one hand, If I properly pack it down, it might just stay for a few extra days. On the other, it might go quick during the thaw as it's a water course so will be draining loads of melt water.  (Yes TT, I'll give the keel a brush too!)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#87 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 10:14:06 am
After on and off all weekend, blown away overnigh. Glenshee has got a foot or so though. Fiend, you free Weds or Thurs for a ski sesh?

Stubbs

#88 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 10:16:50 am
On the other, it might go quick during the thaw

Thaw? Have you seen the forecast for the week?! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/harrogate#?tab=fiveDay

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#89 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 10:17:29 am
a couple of years ago I wrapped a crash pad (folded) in polythene dry lining sheet - nearly killed me and oldest child on our first run - very, very fast and not at all easy to control - pretty comfortable though

andyd

• forum hero
#90 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 10:25:30 am
On the other, it might go quick during the thaw

Thaw? Have you seen the forecast for the week?! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/harrogate#?tab=fiveDay

Indeed, however the thaw is inevitable and it won't be in condition until it's seen a bit of sunshine will it?

tomtom

• forum hero
#91 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 10:26:42 am
Quite tempted to test out the snow tyres and make a flat landing for pistol whip at the cliff. One one hand, If I properly pack it down, it might just stay for a few extra days. On the other, it might go quick during the thaw as it's a water course so will be draining loads of melt water.  (Yes TT, I'll give the keel a brush too!)

;) Cheers Andy - I might try and get out Tuesday or Wednesday... if theres a clear (sunny!) day to be picked...

Stubbs

#92 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 10:30:18 am
Not sure, in the mini ice age of winter 2010 (?) we had success in cleaning the snow off problems and them staying dry as it was too cold for them to get wet again.  Such a task may be somewhat sisyphean today in the fact that it's still snowing...

tomtom

• forum hero
#93 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 10:37:11 am
Not sure, in the mini ice age of winter 2010 (?) we had success in cleaning the snow off problems and them staying dry as it was too cold for them to get wet again.  Such a task may be somewhat sisyphean today in the fact that it's still snowing...

Getting up there was an issue for a couple of weeks in 2010 IIRC...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#94 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 04:03:09 pm
so, two riot vans and a police car turn up to sort out some trouble at work this afternoon - nothing unusual there - I looked out to see how the action was progressing on the pavement

a group of youths passing near by saw the car, not the vans, and one of them, in search of peer approval, lobbed a snowball at the car - the snowball sailed straight into the open window of the car - the youths all ran round the corner and straight into the contents of the police vans. oops

looks like the snowball caught the car driver in the side of the head - he looked pretty pissed off

the youth who threw it was bundled into the car

fucking snow, eh?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#95 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 04:17:40 pm
 :lol:

I bet if any other member of the public called the police after having had snowballs thrown at them by random strangers on the street that they wouldn't get the same response and would likely be told "its just a bit of fun with some snow".

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#96 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 04:28:06 pm
I suspect the officer was doing some serious face saving, given the number of his colleagues around at the time

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#97 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 04:34:15 pm
I remember clm getting a commuter like that whilst we waited at Hunter's bar bus stop. Creamed it across three lanes of traffic and got him right in the face, first shot.

andyd

• forum hero
#98 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 04:57:35 pm
I like the fact that they chased him down. There are too many people who don't respect the police and think they deserve sh*t as they go about their work.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#99 Re: SNOW SNOW, Fucking SNOW!!
January 21, 2013, 05:15:22 pm
A snowball is hardly getting shit though now is it.

I had half a dozen lobed at my as I cycled home late last Thursday, fucked if know why, I wasn't dressed like a police officer, said nothing to them before, or after, in fact just completely ignored them (my usual tactic when someone throws a snowball at me, although I did have cause to congratulate the accuracy of the guy who hit me on the head from a good +20m across the road a couple of years ago).

I agree with the sentiment that the police do a tough job, its a shame they can't all do it right all the time though (they were worse than useless when the cunt who knocked me off my bike drove off without exchanging any details  :furious: ).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal