UKBouldering.com

gorilla warfare, curbar (Read 3055 times)

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
gorilla warfare, curbar
February 04, 2012, 04:35:40 pm
What are the chances of it being climbable tomorrow? or anything else at curbar for that matter? how are driving conditions looking too?

Stevie

• regular
#1 Re: gorilla warfare, curbar
February 04, 2012, 05:07:03 pm
Just driven past the Norfolk Arms (ringinglow rd) and the roads weren't great. Forecast suggests it is going to keep snowing for another few hours and then go above freezing at midnight (odd, I know) and then remain above freezing (5'c) throughout tomorrow so there is a pretty good chance of runoff. Winds are swinging direction again too SW to NW. If i were going out tomorrow I'd probably aim for a southerly facing edge. Might find some pretty good conditions on the edge at plantation as wind will be going over the top, the sun will be on it for warmth and it shouldn't suffer from too much runoff. Plus there are a bunch of good problems around the same grade as Gorilla Warfare.  However, will you be able to get there, god knows.
Unfortunately, I'm in work tomorrow so won't even be seeing the light of day  :wall:

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
#2 Re: gorilla warfare, curbar
February 04, 2012, 05:22:34 pm
i would say most likely no. Froggatt today soon got plastered in every angle and every face really. I would think that the top on gorilla warfare could stay snowy or damp and maybe that 3 finger hold before the top could have abit of dampness from snow on it. p.s this is all theory based on what happened today....

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#3 Re: gorilla warfare, curbar
February 04, 2012, 06:17:13 pm
I was on Gorilla Warfare 'til about 4PM today- the parts I was working were still in great shape but the top is going to have a lot of snow on it by now- like the top of everything there. If Stevie's right about it being warmer tomorrow then I can't see a trip to Curbar being very productive.

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
#4 Re: gorilla warfare, curbar
February 09, 2012, 01:15:21 pm
Anyone been up today? does gw or anything look dry and good for top outs?

Stevie

• regular
#5 Re: gorilla warfare, curbar
February 09, 2012, 01:33:14 pm
Just been at stanage, started to sleet/rain around 12.30. However, im now back in sheffield and it is dry here. Looking out from Stanage the sleet/rain seemed to be all over the peak so I think it might be getting wet.

Stevie

• regular
#6 Re: gorilla warfare, curbar
February 09, 2012, 01:34:04 pm
Hold that, just looked out the window...... It is now raining in Sheffield.

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#7 Re: gorilla warfare, curbar
February 09, 2012, 03:02:18 pm
I went for a quick look with Moff and Joe on the way the the peak area meeting last night. Trackside area (inc GW) looked in good nick with most of the ice on the top-outs having gone. A little greasy feeling though as it was dusk. Shame its raining, is it freezing rain up there?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal