UKBouldering.com

ebay dilemma (Read 5936 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#25 Re: ebay dilemma
February 06, 2012, 12:17:47 pm
Fair-do's, I've seen money come out of my bank pretty much instantly, but thats likely down to having a debit card linked to the PayPal account which is the same as using a card anywhere else as far as I can work out.  Not sure of any other way of linking PayPal to bank accounts and this works for me (but has no bearing on receiving payments though, guess the bottom line is do not send items until money is guaranteed in your account, remember someone, perhaps Golt, getting burnt when money had hit his account but was the transaction was then rescinded).

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
#26 Re: ebay dilemma
February 06, 2012, 12:25:18 pm
thats useful to know as i was assuming if i didnt have money in my paypal account that it would take a week to transfer.my debit card is linked to my papal so assuming it would be immediat like yours?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#27 Re: ebay dilemma
February 06, 2012, 12:31:10 pm
This is only for me making payments to others, I've no experience of whether it works quickly when receiving payments I'm afraid.

Probably best to check their help center (<-- not a phishing scam btw!)

lukeh

• addict
#28 Re: ebay dilemma
February 06, 2012, 12:59:37 pm
Years ago I paid for a snes on ebay, only to find the seller had other ideas. Details are a little fuzzy but think it equated to the seller refusing to send it and just responding with 'what you going to do about it' in true internet hard man stylee... I ended up contacting the police (email I guess?) and fairly soon after someone came and took a statement and copies of the correspondence, which I thought was nice but didn't expect to come to much. A month of two after that the snes arrived, thanks to the police actually following it up and giving the internet punk some real life fear!

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
#29 Re: ebay dilemma
February 06, 2012, 01:25:19 pm
i sold a ps3 a few years back and when it arrived the guy said it didnt work and he had been quoted £75 to fix.i told him to send it back and i would have it fixed and that i had noted all the serial numbers down.surprisingly enough he said it had started working.pretty sure he was planning on sending back a faulty unit he already had before buying mine until he realised i had the serial numbers.you cant get away from the crooks

Plattsy

• forum hero
#30 Re: ebay dilemma
February 10, 2012, 02:07:48 pm
All sorted. Turns out it was my fault. Missed a setting in paypal when I changed my email address with them. The intuitiveness of their site is woeful.

underground

• forum hero
#31 Re: ebay dilemma
February 10, 2012, 07:44:31 pm
Typical tester  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal