UKBouldering.com

More shoulder woes... (Read 1049 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
More shoulder woes...
January 28, 2012, 10:03:09 pm
Ok, ploughed through as much as me eyes could take but couldn't find anything on the forum, quite the same.

I'm getting a recurrent pain in the right shoulder.
It's not precisely a pain, more like an extreme fatigue feeling, verging on a morning after a heavy session feeling.
It seems to be linked to pressing/pushing (mantles, tri dips) but not press ups or pulling/hanging.
So out came the Greys...
To me, it seems like the pain is at the root of the Biceps long head (to far to the front to be the triceps) and that seems a little odd for a pushing problem, with no apparent problem pulling.
Comes and goes... But never leaves.
Comes on without warning and ends a session, as all stability is shot.
No amount of shoulder stab exercise seems to make a sod of odds, or set it off (except dips).
Anyone come across anything similar?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1 Re: More shoulder woes...
January 29, 2012, 06:27:13 pm
I think that close to ther bicep's long head there's the attachment of the pectoral.
maybe it's it, could explain the fact that comes out with pushing and dips.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: More shoulder woes...
January 30, 2012, 09:50:38 am
Ok, ploughed through as much as me eyes could take but couldn't find anything on the forum, quite the same.

I'm getting a recurrent pain in the right shoulder.
It's not precisely a pain, more like an extreme fatigue feeling, verging on a morning after a heavy session feeling.
It seems to be linked to pressing/pushing (mantles, tri dips) but not press ups or pulling/hanging.
So out came the Greys...
To me, it seems like the pain is at the root of the Biceps long head (to far to the front to be the triceps) and that seems a little odd for a pushing problem, with no apparent problem pulling.
Comes and goes... But never leaves.
Comes on without warning and ends a session, as all stability is shot.
No amount of shoulder stab exercise seems to make a sod of odds, or set it off (except dips).
Anyone come across anything similar?

Matt, don't get too hung up about the site of the pain.  Pain is often hard to localise and frequently felt in different places to where the problem actually is.  The classic example being heart problems felt in the arm and shoulder, but neck problems are often mainly felt in the shoulder or arm, hip problems as knee pain and so on. 

This sounds like a minor instability problem.  It could very possibly be something completely different.  If generic shoulder stability exercises are not helping, you know what to do...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal