UKBouldering.com

Cyprus (Read 2297 times)

Sipha

Cyprus
January 28, 2012, 02:44:45 pm
I'm going to Cyprus this year from the 17th - 30th of September with the other half, however I'm going to be taking my climbing shoes with me for sure, so if anyone is over there at the same time drop me a message !

I was planning on going to find some small crags and bouldering problems mainly around the Droushia/Ineia area as I'm staying in Paphos.

If you feel like joining me by all means get in touch ! :D

battery

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Cyprus
January 30, 2012, 09:33:13 am
Not sure if it is still going but there used to be a really active climbing club made up mainly of military folk but with a few civvies in it too. They met at a wall in Episkopi as well as heading out on a regular basis. A bit of digging or even a phone call to Episkopi Gym might get you a name... This was also invaluable at the time as guides were practically none existent and word of mouth was key to knowing what the routes were and where however this may have changed.

Sipha

#2 Re: Cyprus
February 02, 2012, 06:44:06 pm
Thanks for that info mate, I'll look them up. I did manage to find a site that does some local climbing around the area http://www.enjoycyprus.com/index.html not sure if its the same thing.

By all means tho get intouch if your planning on going out that way in september it would be great to have a partner :)

battery

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Cyprus
February 06, 2012, 10:14:37 am
The thought of some time in the sun is ace but no can do unfortunately.

You could email the Hive episkopihive@armymail.mod.uk they should be able to give you a contact for the climbing club.

There's a mini guide to Eastern Cyprus written by Mat Dowsett, he was collecting info and may be able to help you out with guides to the rest of the island too. Not sure if he's on here but certainly on UKC.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#4 Re: Cyprus
March 06, 2012, 03:08:14 pm
Im headed out, staying near limasol on a uni trip, but we have a bit of time off. Will let you know if i find anything good to play on/people to play with.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal