UKBouldering.com

Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame. (Read 483624 times)

Wood FT

• forum hero
That’s disappointing to hear KC. Is it on limestone or something more porous like sand or gritstone? On limestone which I’ve recently started to enjoy, I find a soft brush works wonders for cleaning off chalk. Have you tried the Lapis ones? I find normal toothbrushes a bit inferior 

Too obvious.

I’m not sure I get what you’re saying WFT? What’s too obvious?

That you work for Lapisdan

JCorbot

I must admit I do find ukb a very strange forum, a bit unfriendly even. When is it acceptable to make a comment about a toothbrush?

andy popp

• forum hero
If its any consolation I thought the snark you received just now was totally uncalled for. One the whole it is a friendly place but you seem to be posting constructively and have twice received digs you didn't deserve. I hope you persevere.

mark20

• junky
Don't you just love it when your semi secret traverse you've been trying has been splattered in rookie Stripes and all the footholds marked with fat chalk ball prints. Not so secret anymore I guess.

You can tell us where it is now  ;)

This season's premier Peak lime crag. The chalk ball prints are a bit of an eyesore to be honest

Wood FT

• forum hero
Don't you just love it when your semi secret traverse you've been trying has been splattered in rookie Stripes and all the footholds marked with fat chalk ball prints. Not so secret anymore I guess.

You can tell us where it is now  ;)

This season's premier Peak lime crag. The chalk ball prints are a bit of an eyesore to be honest

The Billy No-mates Trav? I'm keen for that, need some tarp though or the mud must mean you need a dws style bag of shoes. Shame about the chalk ball prints, is this an attempt at drying or marking the feet?

mark20

• junky
I’m guessing they get damp from condensation low down. Looks a good traverse though, good effort to he-who must-not-be-named for making the effort, hopefully the worst of the chalk is cleaned up before long

JCorbot

Thanks Andy. Is this still about toothbrushes? Can I get ‘in’ on the joke?

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
If its any consolation I thought the snark you received just now was totally uncalled for. One the whole it is a friendly place but you seem to be posting constructively and have twice received digs you didn't deserve. I hope you persevere.

Definite odour of faux naïf from a lot of the posts though.... his contributions to some of these threads give me Louis-Theroux-interviewing-a-rotter flashbacks.

JCorbot

I’m not a massive Louis Theroux fan Moose, and I hope I wouldn’t be tricked by his slippery questioning. I’n much more of a ‘Jeremy Clarkson’ man myself.I’m not sure what this has to do with any posts or overuse of magnesium carbonate though? Or don’t you think it’s important to clean the rock?

petejh

• forum hero
Definite odour of faux naïf from a lot of the posts though.... his contributions to some of these threads give me Louis-Theroux-interviewing-a-rotter flashbacks.

He's definitely Dan Cheetham or somebody doing an impersonation of Dan Cheetham trying to impersonate somebody else  :P

Click his name and click on 'show posts'. A disproportionate number of his posts contain Cheetham's much-loved style of question, rhetorical or otherwise.

Is it not ok to ask questions on ukb?..

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
What Pete said. I was suckered to begin with, now I'm just bored. The site has been way better recently, don't feed the troll...

haydn jones

• forum hero

I assume this was me. I went after work one evening and it was piss wet with condensation so had to dry every hold with a chalk ball/sock combo. Went back on a dry day and agree its an eye sore as the rock is black limestone there and the white stands out. Next time I'm down I'll be sure to spend my resting tine cleaning the excess chalk.

I'm surprised someone has been trying it though. As there were a lot of holds lose that I pulled off and unchalked. I thought I was the only one to have tried it. I've stabalised a couple of holds with glue too now.

Maybe we are talking about different traverses though.

kc

• obsessive maniac
Fair enough, it will clean off.
A couple of years ago I went from the starting jug of drawbridge to no mud and from no mud to tripe. Best go was to the drop down move a couple of meters right of no mud. I only briefly looked at the next section as I was more interested in linking what I'd done first. The rock quality goes a bit shit after morhens till motorhead.

JCorbot

I’ve tried toilet paper in this situation, but it’s generally clarted the holds up and looks unsightly. Anyway sorry for any offence caused by this suggestion. You’re* right, the site has been an excellent read recently. 👍

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I'm sure any mistaken identity between Dan and JCorbot can be cleared up by a mod looking at both their IP addresses.

JCorbot

Did you hear the joke about the prince discovering ‘fuck off charlie’ written in the snow outside the palace? Will Carlin’s urine and princess Di’s hand writing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:48:12 pm by JCorbot »

tomtom

• forum hero

CrimpyMcCrimpface

• player
Is that Mossatrocity? Damn, looks like its had the Hueco treatment

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

SamT

• forum hero

:wank:

Chalkball used to poff the area of damp rock completely in an attempt to dry it out??

Fucktards.

UnkArl

• player
Sweet Jesus!!!!

Don Jebus

• regular
Fuck me there are some idiotic people about. The weird thing is you never actually see people doing this. It's like they're more interested in painting the rock than climbing....

In fact, are we witnessing the beginning of a strange new sport of 'rock painting'?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
You don't see them loading it on like this because;

1) Most people can figure out connies and not bother going to a crag that will be damp in the first place.
2) Those that do take 1 look and go elsewhere.

tomtom

• forum hero
I think it’s bad at the moment as there is a lot of pent up desire to get out as the connies have been so shit. And if the connies are marginal people are making the call to dry and try stuff because they are separate. If it were more sunny and crisp people wouldn’t be so desparete!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
desparete!

If that's not a problem name it should be.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal