UKBouldering.com

Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame. (Read 483553 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I'd be surprised if it was climbers.

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
Isn't the irony, that it's the local youth copying the fine example set by ourselves?

To that end, the cock-n-balls is entirely appropriate!

I find this sort of thing far less offensive than the self indulgent visual litter that we ought to know better not to leave.

Hope it works out for Nick & Holls. Sounds far more promising than "RIP Maddy's condom" would suggest, which is nicely preserved in permanent marker on the bars in my local park  ;)

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#1203 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
September 03, 2018, 07:28:37 am
#dickhead

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#1204 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
September 03, 2018, 10:48:25 am
I sent them a message on Instagram suggesting why it might not be a good idea to do/post stuff like that. I don't think they took it very seriously.

Reply was: "Luv u 2"

:wank:

36chambers

• forum hero
#1205 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
September 03, 2018, 06:35:24 pm
looks damp as well #wetrockaction

cofe

• forum hero
Small is Beautiful at Burbage was a state the other day. Caked all the way up and topped with massive donkey lines. Photo doesn't really do it justice:

SamT

• forum hero
 :o

F*ck me. 

Its not like all the holds are bleeding obvious on that thing anyway.

Grrrrrr   :wank:

Steve R

• forum abuser
Next level moronic happenings at my local bouldering area:
laramade2 by Steve Ram, on Flickr
laramade3 by Steve Ram, on Flickr
and presumably in case you can't find the way down:
laramade1 by Steve Ram, on Flickr
Fortunately the spray paint doesn't seem too permanent - looks as though it'll come off with some brushing with water and detergent but still...

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
Fortunately the spray paint doesn't seem too permanent - looks as though it'll come off with some brushing with water and detergent but still...

Glad you took the photo's Steve, worth saying these dots are spread across all the boulders in this sector.

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube

What are they for?

Steve R

• forum abuser
Not really sure, initial guess is that they were sprayed on to show a large group of kids or similar where to try and climb up and where to get down.  Definitely 'climbing' related anyway.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
Not a donkey line, but a line of donkeys. And then they pretend to be surprised when bouldering areas are closing due to access issues. If it was my lawn, I would just call the police.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Need a bit of context for that one. It's the wagon thingy, but what are the restrictions on pad parties / send train bellends?

joel182

• obsessive maniac
Shawn Raboutou posted  this is November last year:

"I want to mention that there are access issues. You can not try this game from April through October due to the land owner wanting to conserve the grass for his animals. Please be respectful and discreet because it's private land."

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
It's on private land. The owner want to use the grass below the boulder for grazing in the summer. It's used to park farm equipment.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
If that is the idea of being discreet and respectful...

user deactivated

Not a donkey line, but a line of donkeys. And then they pretend to be surprised when bouldering areas are closing due to access issues. If it was my lawn, I would just call the police.

Team America world police

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Looks like there are a few proper wads there too, who really should know better.......

Danny

• junky
On his solo of Fitz Roy, Jim Reynolds "dabbed chalk on key holds in the hope of spotting them on the way down and built cairns to aid route finding"

Ticked up to the eyeballs by all accounts. Absolute disgrace if you ask me, and surely the most egregious happening in Patagonia since the Compressor Route was established.

"The descent proved far slower, forcing Reynolds to downclimb wet, technical slabs in the dark by headlamp, where he discovered that his tickmarks had been washed away."

kc

• obsessive maniac
Don't you just love it when your semi secret traverse you've been trying has been splattered in rookie Stripes and all the footholds marked with fat chalk ball prints. Not so secret anymore I guess.

JCorbot

That’s disappointing to hear KC. Is it on limestone or something more porous like sand or gritstone? On limestone which I’ve recently started to enjoy, I find a soft brush works wonders for cleaning off chalk. Have you tried the Lapis ones? I find normal toothbrushes a bit inferior 

Wood FT

• forum hero
That’s disappointing to hear KC. Is it on limestone or something more porous like sand or gritstone? On limestone which I’ve recently started to enjoy, I find a soft brush works wonders for cleaning off chalk. Have you tried the Lapis ones? I find normal toothbrushes a bit inferior 

Too obvious.

Wood FT

• forum hero
Don't you just love it when your semi secret traverse you've been trying has been splattered in rookie Stripes and all the footholds marked with fat chalk ball prints. Not so secret anymore I guess.

You can tell us where it is now  ;)

JCorbot

Too obvious.

I’m not sure I get what you’re saying WFT? What’s too obvious?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal