UKBouldering.com

Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame. (Read 483658 times)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
That fart is amazing...  :weakbench: :lol: :clap2:

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
Good volume and decent tone, poor sustain. 5/10

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
It's a boot squeak surely  :shrug: the heel squishing in a bit

andy_e

• forum hero
Protocol for discussing farts vs. other noises:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Quote from: nai
the heel squishing in a bit

I just listened again on high volume and there is a similar noise at 1.33 again when he puts his heel up. It is however, much funnier to imagine it's a fart...

richieb

• menacing presence
Torridon and the Ship boulder in particular was a mess yesterday. It hasn't rained for a couple of weeks so you'd expect some build up of chalk, but it was obvious that no effort had been made to brush off the excess.

And then the tick marks. The first photo below is the jug on the slab at the top of Malc's. You can see this hold from the road, fair enough it might be sort of hidden when you are topping out, but if you've got the lip on Malc's I'm pretty sure you can hang around for the one second it takes to find this jug. No need and even if you do need, brush it off afterwards.
There were other ugly and unnecessary tick marks all over the boulder. 

Also, someone couldn't be arsed to walk 5 minutes to the toilet block and instead decided to take a shit right in the middle of the boulders. Thanks for that.

I'm really gutted because this is exactly what we feared when writing the guidebook.
I love it when people who have taken a gamble and travelled a long way are rewarded with good weather and get to experience the place at its finest.
And then they leave it like this...

I actually want it to rain now to clean the place up.

Untitled by richiebetts, on Flickr

Untitled by richiebetts, on Flickr

kelvin

• forum hero
Churnet on Sunday - plenty of tick marks that'll never be washed off by the rain and no attempt to brush them or keep them small.

This was the worst, maybe 5/6 inches long, I've no idea how they managed to get the chalk on as thick as they had  :shrug: Sorry about the size of the pic.

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
Whoever made such a mess of brad pit should be ashamed. And how they can afford all that chalk I'll never know...

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads

andy popp

• forum hero
Holy cow! It clearly wasn't dry!

T_B

• forum hero
That's appalling. I could totally imagine the right hand end of the crimp rail breaking in those conditions.

tomtom

• forum hero
seen the other people there guessing by the tags?

a few who know the grit well...

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Saw another pic on Instagram yesterday of Boyager looking similarly caked.  :-\

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Hey, you Nazis! Hey, you fascists! Can't you see that fabi_buhl is trying to #livewithoutlimits? And here's you twats trying to impose limits on him and telling him not to climb. The rock can go fuck itself, fabi wants to send.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
How do we know that it's Fabi's chalk?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Who gives a shit? We're on the bandwagon now and the next stop is Ragetown! Are you geddin' on?

36chambers

• forum hero
How do we know that it's Fabi's chalk?

It may not be his chalk, but by uploading the picture isn't he (unintentionally) promoting that type of chalking?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
He's replied to Dave's Instagram comment:

Quote from: Fabi Buhl
yes it is way to much but it was already chalked in, probably someone tried it just after the massive rainstorm earlier in the week. No worries we brushed it...

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
 A Case of Mistaken Identity, at Apparent North, was left in a state on Sunday (at least a dozen tick marks left) after a big group (with at least one coach from The Works, who should know better and be setting a good example) moved on.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Name and shame

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
To clarify The Brad Pit situation - I was up there the same day with Fabi and Melissa.

a) Fabi stacked it on white wand and has busted his heel - he didn't climb all day.
b) BP was completely dry, so I dont think there was any chance of breakage - however, at the time of the chalking (on a previous day) that might have been a different situation. Fabi and Melissa both commented on the state of the problem - but it would have taken hours to try and clean the whole thing up. The tick marks were obscene - so they were all brushed off before leaving. I've no idea who put that chalk on there, but they are a f*cking idiot - There's no reason to cover the whole of the topout in chalk. It will need a good rain to clear up.
c) Neither Mason nor Mina were there.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Name and shame

I don't know their name, I've just seen them Working at The Works, and I'm not interested in witch hunts anyway.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
I'm not suggesting that Fabi and Melissa were climbing BP while wet, but I have definitely seen posts of locals climbing routes while raining. And one's who really should know better.

Considering the number of indoor walls, concrete boulders and perma-dry crags surely there's always another option.

Dolly

• forum hero
Not a massive crime in the great scheme of things, but FFS

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I disagree. People who can't embed photos properly should be shot.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal