UKBouldering.com

Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame. (Read 483568 times)

dave

#925 Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
February 17, 2013, 06:22:16 pm
They look like Paul Mitchell's from a couple of years back.

rich d

• forum hero
#926 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
February 17, 2013, 06:45:00 pm
Some tool had put two big tick marks on the slap on tiger at Burbage south. Toothbrushed them off, but really why?

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
#927 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
February 17, 2013, 06:47:05 pm
8 Ball had so many ticks on it and so much over chalking it was horrible, the rock was still damp underneath but the chalk was plastered everywhere

a dense loner

• forum hero
#928 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
February 17, 2013, 11:48:22 pm
I thought Michele had already done 8ball? I can understand ticks on tiger if it's at your limit. That Wellington crack tick marks stuff was just done as a wind up for here, that can't be serious

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#929 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
February 18, 2013, 07:01:03 am
They look like Paul Mitchell's from a couple of years back.

They are indeed.

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
#930 Re: Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame.
February 18, 2013, 10:46:30 am
there where arrows to pebbles on 3 pocket slab yesterday... tried to brush em....

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.

TonyS

• regular
I posted this on the other channel this morning.  Could not decide where to put it so ended up here.  Not really tick marks but just as bad:-

"A month or so ago a few new boulders sprang up in the pleasly area of Mansfield.
Great some one else cleaning up the mag lime (saves me doing it all the time) but what the hell are these guys playing at.

I have visited all the areas they have put up on here and even told them about one of my own forgotten secrets ( wish I hadn't ).

Anyway these venues have been very well cleaned but then the climbers appear to be climbing with mud boots (only way I can explain it), by this I mean all (yes all) the foot holds used on each crag are just covered in sh*t. Then to make things worse this was left on one boulder for all to see, and posted as a topo on here.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=216271

Now in the forgotten quarry I told them about the same is happening, we have a set of problems on one wall all numbered up fro 1 - 12 even with SDS by the side of some of the numbers to denote a sit start.

W T F is this all about boys?

I have asked you respectfully through private messages to use a bouldering mat or a towel, and have also asked you to take down the images of the chalk lines and numbered problems, this after having to wash them off the rock where you left them.

Now you are upto the same tricks again why? If you know Robert Oakton or his freind Mark can you please have words, this is not acceptable and will no longer be tolerated.

I know you want your own bit of fame and glory in the climbing world ( Roberts own words) and this is certainly going the right direction to get you that. Is bouldering taking a huge step backwards?

Oh and if you want to massage your own ego please go and have a look at there problems all the problems are vastly over graded, that's if you can figure out what they have done.

Tony Simpson"

Sorry if the link does not work but please look at the picture I am sure you will be impressed.

Durbs

• forum hero
There was the mutha of all ticks on the starting flake of Gorilla Warfare over the weekend.
The fact that a) it's the biggest hold ever and b) it's a starting hold really confused me.
Why would you tick a start hold?

Wood FT

• forum hero
There was the mutha of all ticks on the starting flake of Gorilla Warfare over the weekend.
The fact that a) it's the biggest hold ever and b) it's a starting hold really confused me.
Why would you tick a start hold?

at a guess it's a mark for those hard-of-thinking folk's heel or toe

Durbs

• forum hero
I did consider this, but as it's already pasted in so much chalk it glows, and you can see the heel placement anyway from the next holds just seemed slightly over the top.
Didn't help me tick it anyway...

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing

:worms:  :unsure:

(firmly in the 'it should stay' camp)

Stubbs

The longer the better...

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
Shame as well cos I liked the footage of the send... Was nice and bright... But was distracted by the 2 foot long ticks...

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
Only recently started bouldering outdoors again after a long lay off (packed in serious climbing in 1996) and this is one of my massive irritations. "Back in the day", bouldering at places like Ilkley and Caley, you just got on with learning the problems and used a bit of spacial awareness and body positioning to work out where the fuck the next holds were. is this a reflection of either the predominance of indoor climbing, the need to "send" problems quickly (someone explain that to me too please) or just the general impatience and need for quick gratification of society today?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
American, contraction of 'ascend' I assume.

petejh

• forum hero
I though it came from being related to 'dispatch', as in - 'I quickly dispatched with the V3 in the corner'.

Nothing like as the bad as the British - 'I smashed-in some good product in the cave of justice'.  :sick:

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
Think people are used to brightly coloured holds indoors so struggle to see holds outside that are the same colour....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Blimey. I've "smashed in plenty of good product" in my time but none of it had anything to do with climbing. Or is this about Jerry? ;)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures

Anyway these venues have been very well cleaned but then the climbers appear to be climbing with mud boots (only way I can explain it), by this I mean all (yes all) the foot holds used on each crag are just covered in sh*t. Then to make things worse this was left on one boulder for all to see, and posted as a topo on here....

I've seen the numbers at Pleasley before and the muddy footholds too- some bizarre stuff goes on there!

Is any of the newly developed stuff any good? Looking at UKC it's virtually all been given two stars and above, which seems unlikely, and judging by your comments the grades seem to be a little out!

dr_botnik

• addict
  • Not actually a dr
Some blind cunts have drawn a tick mark to the jug on tiger and a massive arrow to the crimp on huggy, about 8 inch long :spank:

Duma

• forum hero
It's a fb pic so hope it shows up:

On the darkside boulder at Huntshams the weekend before last. The arrows are about 8 inches long. None of these holds are blind. Wankers.

finbarrr

• obsessive maniac
these guys.. from 12:15

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
these guys.. from 12:15

they might be climbing harder than i can but what a tw@t, can't begin to understand it, they must be borderline blind.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
A pointless exercise too, he didn't even use the foothold!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal