UKBouldering.com

France: In-car breathalyser legal requirement from Summer 2012 (Read 3081 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Alright, just spotted this on Pistonheads - apparently in a bid to cut drink driving in France there is a new requirement to have an in-car breathalyser, which includes any visiting drivers.

Apparently it's being introduced in summer, but there won't be fines until November...but I assume you'd rather not give the Gendarmes cause to crawl all over your car and make you miss your ferry back from Font!

More here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=25231

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
was just about to post this myself.i can see many brits pleading ignorant and not bothering,same with headlamp convertors and spare bulbs :furious:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Funnily enough, the only times I have been breathalysed whilst in charge of a car have been in France

rich d

• forum hero
That suggests you've been breathalised when you've not been with the car, spill the beans lagers.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
That suggests you've been breathalised when you've not been with the car, spill the beans lagers.

nothing very interesting

random tests on construction sites in late '90s

more recently; I work in drug and alcohol services and often end up demonstrating the breathalysers - partly to prove that they're not broken

I did a demo at Bridge St (Sheff cells) showing the effect of various popular methods that people use to try to fool breathalysers - this involved me drinking booze (in The Bankers Draught, not the cells), so I have a reasonable idea of how much I can drink and still blow below the bustable drink drive limit (different for everyone)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I got breathalysed driving home after the old thursday night yoga/ sheaf scene. Thanks to Zaff's I was able to do some yogic deep breaths and blow a green. I don't think I was over the limit, but it should have registered. Coppers looked well confused, said my breath stank of booze...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Should of told them it was because of passive drinking due to the proximity of alcohol consumption in enclosed spaces. :clown:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal