UKBouldering.com

Manchester visit: Broughton or Rockover? (Read 2600 times)

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Manchester visit: Broughton or Rockover?
January 18, 2012, 01:05:06 pm
I'll be in Manchester visiting family in a couple of weeks and will have Wednesday evening (1st Feb) free. Should I go to Broughton for old times' sake or check out Rockover?

Anybody interested in meeting up at one or t'other with a 6A/B bouldering middle aged punter?

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
I'll be in Manchester visiting family in a couple of weeks and will have Wednesday evening (1st Feb) free. Should I go to Broughton for old times' sake or check out Rockover?

Anybody interested in meeting up at one or t'other with a 6A/B bouldering middle aged punter?

Tough choice, do you prefer plastic pulling or crimpy old skool limestoney stuff... fyi they have apparantly resurrected the freestanding boulder along one wall and the 45woody is up too. Not checked out the freestanding boulder yet though...

BRoughton probably needs more custom than Rockover I reckon, it might not be around next year!

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Though R-Over is a good wall, Broughton's better. A member of staff told me in December a business plan to revamp had been accepted by the council from - um, forget the name- which would do away with some facilities but not the wall.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
hopefully great news then. I live too far away to go to broughton these days in the evening which is a real shame for me as I love the place

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Broughton it is then, Last Chance To See and all that.

Is it possible to get there these days without getting stabbed?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal