UKBouldering.com

Anasazi VCS size question.. (Read 9750 times)

Sipha

Anasazi VCS size question..
January 15, 2012, 08:58:00 pm
Ok after not getting on with my Miura's atall, they seem to just be the wrong shape for me somehow, I've decided to try some Anasazi VCS. Only thing is these particular models arent available from my local shops so I'm going to have to purchase online.. I know.

Does anyone know how these new Anasazi VCS come up size wise ?

I wear a 42.5 in Miura, also had some UK 8.5 Red Chili Spirit VCR's.

Thanks again :)

JayJ

• regular
#1 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 15, 2012, 11:21:59 pm
You can use the BF shoecalculator on bananafingers here
However five ten shoes are quite random with their sizing.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#2 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 16, 2012, 06:43:01 pm
I wear a 42 in miura lace-ups (tried miura velcros on in the shop but didn't like the fit). Today tried I Anasazi VCS's on in the shop in 8.5 and they seemed to fit well. This is consistent with what bananafingers think.

BUT (a) this is based on trying on in the shop not on actual experience climbing in them, (b) see above re 5.10's reputation for somewhat random sizing.

Sipha

#3 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 16, 2012, 07:15:02 pm
Well I went for a UK 8.5 same as my other shoes. Hope they fit !

Sounds like they are a good shoe tho :)

Sipha

#4 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 17, 2012, 10:09:56 pm
Just tried them on, seems they are a touch tight also, going to exchange for a size 9, should be perfect.

Seems the Anasazi's come up pretty small for the record.

mark20

• junky
#5 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 17, 2012, 10:28:37 pm
I've found that the Anasazi range stretch quite a bit, particularly the toe box on the VCRs. So unless they are actually quite painful to wear then I'd stick with them

Sipha

#6 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 17, 2012, 10:56:04 pm
Well not painful as such but I'm loosing the feeling in my toes after about 10 mins of wearing them lol.

boulderingbacon

• menacing presence
#7 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 19, 2012, 11:36:35 pm
10 minutes thats 9 more minutes than they need to be on for so stick with em id say.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#8 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 20, 2012, 01:01:12 am
When I used to wear Anasazis, I always went for the smallest size i could physically jam my foot into. 2 weeks later they're like a pair of comfy old slippers.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#9 Anasazi VCS size question..
January 20, 2012, 07:17:53 am
I buy them in my street shoe size. On my third pair and they last me 8 months to a year (with the old pair being consigned to wall/warm up). Never had a problem with them stretching, on sighted a 7a the other day (on the wall) with my warm up shoes on, then realised I hadn't done up the velcro...

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#10 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 20, 2012, 07:19:50 am
When I used to wear Anasazis, I always went for the smallest size i could physically jam my foot into. 2 weeks later they're like a pair of comfy old slippers.

:agree:

Get some plastic bags on your feet and get as small a size as you can possibly go, you just have to take the pain for a couple of sessions then after that they will be a great fit. Velcros are the best, great for everything.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#11 Re: Anasazi VCS size question..
January 20, 2012, 09:52:40 am
:agree:
Get some plastic bags on your feet and get as small a size as you can possibly go, you just have to take the pain for a couple of sessions then after that they will be a great fit. Velcros are the best, great for everything.
:agree:; with the possible exception of toeing into smaller pockets on really steep ground, but that might be just part of my rack of excuses for being shit at pockets.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal