UKBouldering.com

Staden Quarry Access (Read 4745 times)

Slide

• addict
Staden Quarry Access
August 19, 2011, 12:49:02 pm
Has anyone got any info regarding access to Staden Quarry.  Any updates? i know it was out of bounds earlier in the year.

ta

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: Staden Quarry Access
August 19, 2011, 12:54:35 pm
It still is I'm afraid, check the BMC RAD.

Slide

• addict
#2 Re: Staden Quarry Access
August 19, 2011, 01:08:27 pm
Boo!

Cheers Paul

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Re: Staden Quarry Access
August 19, 2011, 01:09:16 pm
Some big 'No Climbing' signs up too now. However long term prospects look good, its hopefully just a case of getting the landowner's planning appeal out of the way and things should relax.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Re: Staden Quarry Access
November 28, 2011, 05:01:04 pm
Hmmm. Latest developments:

mrconners

• menacing presence
#5 Re: Staden Quarry Access
November 28, 2011, 05:35:41 pm
Great.

That won't improve things.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#6 Re: Staden Quarry Access
November 28, 2011, 05:44:07 pm
It might not improve the ambience, but its not necessarily a bad sign for access.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#7 Re: Staden Quarry Access
January 13, 2012, 02:44:11 pm
Clocked the following....

Dear friend of Cowdale Quarry,

I am writing because you have previously been kind enough to support us in our campaign against the development of Cowdale Quarry. You may have heard that the developer has lodged an appeal against High Peak Borough Council Planning Committee's second and again unanimous decision to refuse planning permission. The government Planning Inspector in charge of the appeal will view all previous correspondence regarding the case, but more support is very worthwhile and we really hope you might object again.

It seems that the developer's main argument is that everyone else is wrong and they are right e.g. the destruction of hundreds of trees some of which are ancient woodland is really minimal, that a 13.5 metre high shed will not be visible from the Peak Park or be lit up at night, that the huge new entrance onto the A6 in beautiful Ashwood Dale will not be noticeable. Derbyshire County Council calculate that 23,000 lorry journeys will be needed to transport away the stone and washing, crushing and sorting machinery will be installed in the quarry. If you are a climber I don't think you will be back in the quarry for many years, if at all.

A link to the HPBC officer's original report recommending refusal:
http://www2.highpeak.gov.uk/council/agenmin/devcon/part1/20110620/06.pdf

This link is where you can make a comment on the appeal for Cowdale Quarry using the 'comment on this case' option at the bottom of the page . http://www.pcs.planningportal.gov.uk/pcsportal/ViewCase.asp?caseid=2166189&coid=2166021

If you wish to write to the Planning Inspectorate, P O Box 2606, Bristol, BS1 9AY, you must enclose 3 copies and use their Appeal Reference: APP/H1033/A/11/2166189. Debbie Smith is the inspector dealing with the case. All comments must be received before 31st January.

The following link will take you to the High Peak Borough Council website and the appeal documents submitted by Mr Knell/Hockenhull, the section labelled 'Pages 1 to 24', 5 documents from the end is the main one:

http://planning.highpeak.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=128680

Please ask if you need more information and I will try to provide it.

Kind regards and thank you

Jane Jones - Cowdale

Wood FT

• forum hero
#8 Re: Staden Quarry Access
January 13, 2012, 03:27:56 pm
What are the farmer's intentions in all this? Also, I haven't got a clue about these type of dealings so can anyone tell me how many appeals they are allowed? What a great crag.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#9 Re: Staden Quarry Access
January 13, 2012, 08:57:58 pm
The farmer's stated intention as part of his planning application was that climbing would be permitted on the redeveloped site - there was even a 'climbing centre' included in the planned development. Obviously the ambience of the resultant industrial estate would be somewhat different to what it was. If the plan is refused he is clearly keen to get some income from the site, and if that is possible through trials bikes it may well mean climbing access is not reinstated.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal