UKBouldering.com

Odd back/ shoulder thing (Read 1158 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Odd back/ shoulder thing
January 12, 2012, 10:46:39 am
On Monday night I became aware of having done something to my back/ shoulder area. I’ve looked through this bit of the forum for mention of something like this (God there’s a lot of results come up for ‘shoulder’!) but couldn’t find anything similar.

I’m getting a strange sensation around the middle-left of my right shoulder blade whenever I lift with my right arm- imagine holding something fairly heavy on your right palm or locking off on an undercut with your right hand. It’s not what I’d describe as pain, though; more of a numbish, slightly tingly sensation, very much like someone gently pushing me in that place. I’ve checked, though and no-one is.

I have full range of movement in my right arm and the sensation doesn’t appear suddenly at all- if I do anything that causes it, it appears gradually and after I put whatever I’ve lifted down it will go away gradually as well.

I haven’t a clue what has caused this (I climbed both days at the weekend but didn’t notice anything at the time) and have never felt anything like it before! Any ideas?

Thanks!

fatkid2000

• junky
#1 Re: Odd back/ shoulder thing
January 12, 2012, 10:53:42 am
SOunds like nerve related pain ? bit odd though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal