UKBouldering.com

Avoid parcels2go! (Read 7739 times)

account_inactive

• forum hero
Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 01:52:42 pm
Over the last week we have be fitting a new bathroom. We managed to order the wrong toilet so had to send the item back to Better Bathrooms. 3 days later they still haven't received anything so we phone up Home Delivery Network and ask what's happened. They tell us the item was sent back to parcels2go. Better bathrooms have sent us confirmation that nothing has been returned to anyone! We are not insured for the toilet as parcels2go list them as prohibited items (although HDN don't).

HDN have said they have destroyed the item! I've no idea what to do about this  :wall:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 01:58:13 pm
WTF!?!?!?!

Sounds like utter nonsense and bullshit, I can't believe a company that is paid to deliver shit destroys items its been unable to deliver within a week of first trying (not that I'm calling you a liar at all, I'm just astounded).

Is there anything in the T&C for parcels2go that stipulates that this is what they will do?

How did you pay for this stuff and its delivery?  If it was with a Credit Card you may have some cover maybe?

nik at work

• forum hero
#2 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 02:12:20 pm
Do you have the paperwork from when parcels2go collected the wrong toilet from you?
Did Better Bathrooms sort out the courier to pick up the wrong toilet?
If so it's entirely Better Bathrooms problem to sort out, get them to send out the right toilet and leave them to run round in circles chasing up the (generally pretty useless when something goes wrong whichever company you use) couriers.
It's not clear to me why there is both HDN and P2G involved here. I'd ignore the couriers and just hassle the supplier (unless you organised the collection with P2G and they specifically list toilets as prohibited items in which case you're possibly out of luck).
It sounds to me like it's somebody else's problem (although obviously it's your problem as you have to chase all the fuckers up).

account_inactive

• forum hero
#3 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 02:18:55 pm
They picked up the right toilet. This is p2g list https://www.parcel2go.com/shipping-items.aspx

They work as agents for hmd/dhl etc but have their own list which differs by about 20 items or so. Basically we are fucked. Avoid these people. After searching the Internet I've found tons of complaints about them and wished I'd checked before hand

nik at work

• forum hero
#4 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 02:33:12 pm
But surely Better Bathrooms arranged the collection/delivery/exchange of the wrong toilet for the right one? In which case it's their problem to chase up. Your problem is to get them to send out another toilet to you, but they should do this (every company I've dealt with in a similar situation has sent out a replacement item, although some took a bit of encouraging). Or am I missing something?

account_inactive

• forum hero
#5 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 02:39:38 pm
We ordered the wrong toilet

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#6 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 02:44:36 pm
That's a moot point. You ordered it online/over the phone? Therefore the distance selling regs allow you to return said item. The way the store you ordered it from deal with returns is the issue. If they insisted on using a courier (in which case they should have organised it), then they are the people who deal with the couriers. If it was your choice to use the courier then it does look like there's not much you can do (possibly trying Slackers' suggestion of the Credit card company?).

nik at work

• forum hero
#7 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 02:50:44 pm
What Drew said. If Better Bathrooms organised the return then ignore the couriers they're not your problem, focus your attention on getting Better Bathrooms to send out a replacement toilet ASAP, and maybe a towel rail for inconvenence caused.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#8 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 03:18:06 pm
Unfortunately we organised the courier and have also bought another toilet from elsewhere.  Basically we have been fucked over.  Just wanted people to know that they should not use PARCELS2GO under any circumstance and go direct to delivery companies if you can

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#9 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 03:30:36 pm
Am I getting this right -

1. You arranged with Parcels2Go to get an item picked up.
2. A courier picked up the item from your house? (Was this DHL/HND/P2Go?) At this point did they ask what the item was?  Surely if they accepted the item then they considered it "safe".

Surely they must be liable for the item as they accepted it in the first place. Sue the fvckers!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:44:54 pm by Fultonius »

Paul B

• forum hero
#10 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 03:35:36 pm
what would allow them to destroy something they don't own?

account_inactive

• forum hero
#11 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 03:55:31 pm

2. A courier picked up the item from your house? (Was this DHL/HND/P2Go?) At this point did they ask what the item was?  Surely if they accepted the item then they considered it "safe".

Surely they must be liable for the item as they accepted it in the first place. Sue the fvckers!

The problem is that the company we have the contact with (parcels2go) list toilets as prohibited. HND are ok with toilets but our insurance is not with them.

I'm amazed that they can destroy something they don't own too.

Paul B

• forum hero
#12 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 03:57:10 pm
I think thats an avenue to look into as I'd be surprised if they can.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#13 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 04:04:21 pm

The problem is that the company we have the contact with (parcels2go) list toilets as prohibited. HND are ok with toilets but our insurance is not with them.

I'm amazed that they can destroy something they don't own too.

But who exactly picked it up? Was it HND or P2Go?

account_inactive

• forum hero
#14 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 04:11:45 pm
HND

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#15 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 18, 2011, 06:48:06 pm
So you arranged for HND to pick it up, they (under a contract between themselves and P2G) tried topass it on to P2G who refused to take it. So HND then destroyed it. Is that right.

So surely HND owe you a new toilet as it is them that you have the contract with.

hairich

• obsessive maniac
#16 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 19, 2011, 11:21:45 am
ducking couriers.they are enough to drive you round the bend

account_inactive

• forum hero
#17 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 19, 2011, 12:17:17 pm
To make things worse the new toilet has turned up broken  :wall: so we need to send that back too

philo

• forum hero
#18 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
May 19, 2011, 05:05:27 pm
dejav.........

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#19 Re: Avoid parcels2go!
December 21, 2011, 09:16:03 am
Avoid FedEx too....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal