UKBouldering.com

Wireless printers (Read 2089 times)

jmews

• regular
Wireless printers
December 16, 2011, 10:06:26 am
Does anyone have any suggestions for good wireless printers? It's the time of year to be visiting family and solving their accumulated tech problems again!

They predominantly use it for document printing, with some photos too (although they already have a decent photo printer which can be used with USB anyway). Scan and copy would be nice, but most important features are cheap ink and easy setup. Budget is....as cheap as possible, but ideally under £100.

Thanks!

galpinos

• forum hero
#1 Re: Wireless printers
December 16, 2011, 10:34:38 am
I have a Kodak wireless printer/scanner etc. Pretty good, parent proof and cheap ink (helpful when the wife goes wedding picture crazy).

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Wireless printers
December 16, 2011, 11:04:21 am
I got a wireless HP scanner/printer for £55 from Tesco's 3 months back.. not sure what model, but works fine.. Probably not up to too heavy work but fine for my occasional work...

jmews

• regular
#3 Re: Wireless printers
December 17, 2011, 10:02:53 am
Thanks! I'm hoping this means I can't really buy the wrong thing! Being responsible for solving the problems also involves taking the blame when things 'go wrong'   :whistle:

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Wireless printers
December 17, 2011, 11:11:34 am
I got a wireless HP scanner/printer for £55 from Tesco's 3 months back.. not sure what model, but works fine.. Probably not up to too heavy work but fine for my occasional work...

It was a bit of a Faff to set up at first. But easy after... Also apps to print direct from phone 8)

bedrock

• regular
#5 Re: Wireless printers
December 17, 2011, 11:50:21 am
My HP was a bit of a nightmare to set up wirelessly, and reading reviews (after I bought it - doh!) seemed it was quite a common problem. I managed to fix it and it worked for a few weeks....now it just wont turn on so back to HP it goes!

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
#6 Re: Wireless printers
December 17, 2011, 07:28:02 pm
I'm struggling with my HP scanning wirelessly - it just refuses to! I thought it was something to do with switching to a mac, but maybe it's a common problem.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#7 Wireless printers
December 17, 2011, 08:38:14 pm
My HP used to be great...
However, it seems to be " undetectable" now.
Funny, only two or three months out of warranty.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal