UKBouldering.com

knee injury (Read 2708 times)

Dhanny

• regular
knee injury
December 08, 2011, 11:59:03 am
Alright there,
whilst climbing at the wall last week i managed to do something pretty funky to my right knee.... i was rocking up on high right heel by my hand (similar to the brad pit position but on my other knee) and i felt some "pinging" down the outside of my knee accompanied by some pretty hideous crunching sounds :/

some suggested it may be my cruciate ligament?? I have been pretty lucky with injuries and never had anything serious so i am a little worried!

I have climbed for a week or so since, but cannot use right heels as its pretty painful.
Hopefully seeing a physio next week but was hoping someone may have any pointers or suggestions on this.
cheers all, Dan

Ethan

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: knee injury
December 08, 2011, 01:04:30 pm
I twisted my knee nearly two weeks ago as well. The pain was mainly on the outside of the knee and I could barely put any weight on it sometimes and then others it would feel totally fine. I spoke to a couple of friends who are doctors and researched a little online and seems it could be some kind of tear, maybe along the IT band. Anyway its been fine the last couple days and I even managed a good session at the wall Tuesday. I've also been using K-tape which has worked wonders in the past for various things, I'd definitely recommend getting hold of some and trying it out. Good luck with it!

webbo

• forum hero
#2 Re: knee injury
December 08, 2011, 01:37:13 pm
Do you use the proper stuff or just use strappal or the like.

Ethan

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: knee injury
December 08, 2011, 02:58:42 pm
Using the proper stuff is the whole point of it really, standard strappal tape just won't help in the same way at all. All the info is on their site www.kinesiotaping.com
An American copy also supply the same sort of tape www.kttape.com

abarro81

• forum hero
#4 Re: knee injury
December 08, 2011, 09:19:57 pm
Various knee related stories here:
http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,18934.0.html
after I hurt mine in what sounds like a similar way about 6 weeks ago. Mine is now fine to climb 90% of stuff, but no sideways heels and some rockovers cause it issues. 2 weeks intense fingerboarding did me some good though - there is a silver lining!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal