UKBouldering.com

Ride Sheffield/This Is Sheffield Winter Open Meeting - Tonight at The Lescar (Read 1937 times)

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
Sorry for the late call, but the above meeting will be open to all at the Lescar tonight, 28th Nov, at 8.00pm.  Bike parts jumble to begin with followed by open meeting.  Danny Udall from the Eastern Moors Partnership is attending as is Sam Beaton from the Sheffield Rights of Way Team.  If you've got any comments about recent work on Houndkirk, he's the man who needs to hear them!  To be followed by a quiz with prizes donated by Eighteen Bike, Bike Tree and others.  Full details at:

http://www.ridesheffield.org.uk/2011/11/winter-social-and-quiz/#more-331

cofe

• forum hero
I'm going to try and make it down, if only to see how shit I might be at the quiz.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
I'm going to try and make it down, if only to see how shit I might be at the quiz.

....you and me both fella...  :no:  :shrug:  ::)  :beer2:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
what happened?

Cracking night FD.  Over a hundred people turned up including His Lordship, Sir Steven of Wharncliffe.  Good update from Danny Udall about the Eastern Moors.  He's very impressed with the way MBers have conducted themselves since he's been involved.  Sam Beaton from the SCC Rights of Way team turned up - pretty ballsy of him given how he's viewed by much of the biking fraternity!  As a consequence, we didn't lynch him and I think he's got a better idea of just how big the MB community is in Sheffield.  Long term, could well be a big political plus for us.  Also Jon Dallow, (good egg), updating on the Parkwood Springs/Ski Village scheme.  The DH run is coming along nicely but probably won't be open before next spring.  They're organising dig days if anyone's interested.  2km XC route also under construction.  Apart from that, fiendish quiz, drinking, hob nobbing with ex-world champions, the usual......   :2thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal