the shizzle > diet, training and injuries

Legendary feats of strength

<< < (2/165) > >>

Jaspersharpe:
One I remember Gresh telling me about was Jerry doing one of the problems in Toms Roof static when everyone else had to toally slap it.

This was legendary not for the feat so much but because Ben Masterson was with Jerry and uttered the immortal phrase "OOOHHH! Nicely static Jerry" which became the standard call whenever one of us was flailing desperately on something.

Probably the most impressive thing I've seen / heard about was Malc doing and reversing the crux move on Hubble about five times in a row completely static. This was when it was the hardest route in the world of course. In fact even now if you think about it being able to do this on what is essentially a seven move 8B is fucking amazing.

Oh and I did that features problem on the wave first but I don't require a medal.

chillax:

--- Quote from: shark on November 17, 2011, 10:11:24 am ---* Dave Barrans - 1 arming the 45 degree sloper on a beastmaker

--- End quote ---

I've heard a rumour that another brit (maybe Dan Bradley?) did this while absolutely steaming after a night on the lash.

Stevie Haston. Just generally.

I'm always impressed when I watch this...

shark:

--- Quote from: Jaspersharpe on November 17, 2011, 11:04:20 am ---Oh and I did that features problem on the wave first but I don't require a medal.

--- End quote ---

:bow:

SA Chris:

--- Quote from: chillax on November 17, 2011, 11:28:26 am ---Daniel Woods at Mammut Bouldering Championships SLC Pro Finals #4 2009

--- End quote ---

Shame they are too busy filming the loudmouth MC and you miss him starting the prob. Otherwise very impressive indeed. With the sound down.

r-man:
I'm sure I remember seeing a youtube clip of Huffy doing 1-5-9 static, but I can't find it.

I heard a story about Malc Smith - when asked by my friend to do the lamp post trick he obliged by pinching a lamp post really hard with one hand, elbow bent at 90 deg. My friend looked down and saw his feet were off the ground.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version