UKBouldering.com

Clifton Reynes Bridge - Nr Olney (Read 1661 times)

StillTryingForTheTop

• addict
Clifton Reynes Bridge - Nr Olney
November 15, 2011, 04:26:46 pm
Does anyone know if there is a Topo for this location, a bit like the one that exists for Slawston bridge?

I've tried searching here and Google, but can't find anything

Cheers
Gary

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#1 Re: Clifton Reynes Bridge - Nr Olney
November 21, 2011, 10:36:52 pm
I did actually try to find this place once - based on a description I found somewhere - but \i couldn't find it... leicestershire online topos might have some information. It's not much cop though by all accounts

StillTryingForTheTop

• addict
#2 Re: Clifton Reynes Bridge - Nr Olney
November 23, 2011, 12:07:22 pm
Thanks anyway,

We quite like Slawston, so just looking for anything else local worth playing at.

The Roaches this weekend though, so fingers crossed for the weather :)

G

parberoo

#3 Re: Clifton Reynes Bridge - Nr Olney
November 23, 2011, 12:45:08 pm
I was just thinking about this place. What're the chances of it being mentioned on here?
I went here in July and i was pleasantly surprised. it was hard to find though. We went the wrong way and the place is a bit horsey but its effectively the turning opposite the pub, head off down that small road an it'll run out at a wood furniture unit. you will by this time have gone over the main bridge.
There are two routes down to it either through the hedge or down a rubble road at the edge of a field.
Its very fingery and fun, as I had no mat I just did low traversing but imagine with a mat there are plenty of routes you could invent.
You may wanna take a brush, its unused so is a bit cobwebby etc. Definately worth climbing up though, ent exactly spoilt for choice in these parts.
If I should ever get hold of a mat I'll be down there all the while.
Btw, couple of pictures on the UKClimbing logbook that I put up.

Jamie

StillTryingForTheTop

• addict
#4 Re: Clifton Reynes Bridge - Nr Olney
November 23, 2011, 05:39:47 pm
Cheers for the directions Jamie, that will help us find it when we do head out that way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal