UKBouldering.com

Benchmark V6 (/ Font 7a(?) / B7 / 6b) s around the country?? (Read 28084 times)

JohnM

• junky
On the topic of grade of V6. I think that Gorilla Warfare and King Of Drunks are much harder than Popcorn Party. Fear Of A Slopey planet is probably V6 but I hate it and can't do it but still keep going back usually after a thrashing on Jerry's roof.  Just got back from font. Rained everyday for the first week and wrecked my skin in shit conditions and then was out of action for the last 4 days of decent weather  :cry: Does anyone think that Font 7A feels much harder than V6 in this country?

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Remember that Popcorn Party has been unclimbable in its original form for the last year or two. Did you start under the low roof matching a horizontal slot? Last time I was there the base was jammed with boulders.

Fear of a Slopey Planet almost got down graded. In the end I had to stop listening to Ray Wood and Dave Towse - they think everything is V5.

cofe

• forum hero
we were over last Feb and you could just start from the slot - it did involve pretty much locking it into your chest so as not to 'tap down'. benchmark V6 i reckon - certainly no easier. and fucking ace too - the first 10 minutes are spent trying to work out which 'colonels' are the holds.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Quote from: "cofe"
we were over last Feb and you could just start from the slot - it did involve pretty much locking it into your chest so as not to 'tap down'. benchmark V6 i reckon - certainly no easier. and fucking ace too - the first 10 minutes are spent trying to work out which 'colonels' are the holds.

Colonels, colonels, colonels, whaddaya choose, eh? I would opt for Blimp and Bogey, followed by Sanders, Gadaffi and a big slap for Mustard. :bits:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal