UKBouldering.com

Talfarach Tides (Read 2679 times)

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Talfarach Tides
May 25, 2015, 12:43:29 pm
Does anyone know how effected the Talfarach boulders are by the tide? Is a low tide essential?

Cheers

Lleynkeen

#1 Re: Talfarach Tides
May 27, 2015, 11:32:39 pm
Hi Luke - lots of Talfarach is above the normal high tide BUT it is much more exposed to swell / spray than Ysgo or Nefoedd so good to check www.magicseaweed.com for a swell forecast for Hell's Mouth which will give you a feel for swell size (or get you into surfing!). It dries quickly as usual for the Lleyn but I've been skunked a couple of times by swell/spray soaking the main boulder field (including a head to foot dousing by a big wave). Don't worry though - Wal yr Olygfa is super reliable as is the Far Side block and they are both just a few minutes walk from T'fach. Small or no swell and a breeze will give great conditions. 

Cheers

Owen

Lleynkeen

#2 Re: Talfarach Tides
May 28, 2015, 12:18:02 pm
Here's a video of Tim climbing some of the Wal yr Olygfa and Far Side probs on a day when the main Talfarach boulder field was getting battered by waves - should get you psyched!

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#3 Re: Talfarach Tides
May 28, 2015, 05:01:00 pm
Cheers Owen, that's great! I've been over to the Far Side block, great little boulder. Talfarach is the last boulder field for me to visit down there and your new topo has got me mega psyched! Cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal