UKBouldering.com

"Full of Myself" (the Dawes autobiography) (Read 54095 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I'm about halfway through too and +1 on gloveboy's sentiments.

Only reading a few pages a night, and not feeling the need to rush it.

Tiresias

Jcm,
The arête and the plaque are still there. However a short and seemingly pointless fence has been attached to the base. That always saddened me whenever I walked past, even though I never had any intention of trying it (if I could even have got off the ground!)

I'm about a quarter through the book, enjoying it so far.

erm, sam

• forum hero
Do his problems on the Manchester underpass still exist, I wonder? I suppose no-one has ever gone and done them
I remember heading down after work with with some other guys from Cotswolds on Oxford Road and we climbed the arete. 'Twas the time when Gaz Parry was working there and we had a pretty keen team.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Bit late to this but I finished reading it last night and thought it was absolutely brilliant.

However, if I didn't know Johnny and quite a lot of the other people / climbs / places / stories involved already then perhaps the haphazard style and the stuff Paul mentions would have detracted from my enjoyment more. I have no way of knowing.

I must admit I was expecting to find it much harder to read and was surprised that it had turned out so well. The bit about liars / sponsorship was hilarious as I had wondered how he'd handle it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal